1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone ever heard of this breed?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KDailey, Nov 17, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    My uncle recently talked with a gentleman who raises chickens and my uncle told him I was into chickens too. The man said he would GIVE me breeding stock simply for bringing him some eggs occasionally when he needs them. They're supposed to be a rare breed.

My uncle doesn't know much about chickens so when he relayed the breed name to me he wasn't sure that he had it right and I've never heard it I don't think so let's see if some of you might be able to make some sense outta this.

Since I've never heard it I don't know how to spell it so I'll try a couple ways it might be spelled:
    Venitian
    Fenishan
    Phinechan

He pronounced it ven-EE-shin or fen-EE-shin? This is my uncle sayin it though so he could be completely wrong

Any ideas? I want to know if this is really something I should jump at or if the guy doesn't know what he's talkin bout. My uncle showed me pictures of his yard and he's got some super nice pens and the guy requires proof that you have secure pens that offer good shelter and protection from predators before he'll let you take the birds so if he's that strict then I'm assuming they probably are somethin special.

2. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
  3. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    There are Friesans and Pyncheons.....could be either.

5. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Quote:if you can upload the pics you were shown that would help us unravel the mystery

6. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    They're on his phone and I don't have them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by