Anyone ever order flowers online?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by brooster, Feb 3, 2009.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    We are selling carnations at our school for v-day and are giving the profit to a charity. We want to get them the cheapest possible, we called around, and i thought of ordering them wholesle online. Has anyone ever done this. is it a good or bad idea? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I haven't done that.... Maybe a local flortist would give you a discount for the charity aspect of it....

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Only ordered online to send as a gift...it would be better to look for wholesale flower markets and get their early to purchase, it will save you a small fortune, providing you have them over there, we do have them here....but the US is such a big place!

I wish you luck though ......had an idea for you......I once held a baloon race for Charity, it was great fun and the children (and adults!) loved it.....everyone purchases a balloon (I charged £1.50), put an return address label on it, had a world map going, whoever's balloon travelled the furthest (providing the label was returned) won a prize.......obviously you have to have a cut off date for the event. It raised £500.00 = $1000 in those days!

and the inital outlay was peanuts....balloons labels helium gas...da da...more money for the charity rather than large outlay......

Good luck......[​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:EC that is a fabulous idea.

I have not ordered bulk flowers online...simply gifts for Mom and MIL and such.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by