Anyone ever order from Brinsea?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by off-grid hen, Mar 13, 2011.

1. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I was given a lovely confirmation email, but it doesn't give any information about shipping. How long would it take Brinsea to ship to Vermont? Did you have an option to track your package? Also- Will I need an adapter? I've never had to buy an adapter, would radioshack have something like that?

So many questions! Thanks so much! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have ordered all six of my incubators, plus an OvaScope candler, and some EcoGlow brooders from Brinsea. I get shipping notification but not an estimate nor tracking. I also have received shipping "delivery" e-mails. Shipping time varies, but is not excessive.

You will not need an adapter. They come with.

3. HogbackMtnChickns

HogbackMtnChickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    New Castle, Colorado
    Off Grid Hen, I just ordered an Eco-Glow 20 from Brinsea. It came on March 8, 2011. I ordered it and got the confirmation email on March 1, 2011. I live sort of out in the boonies in Colorado, so I was surprised it came so fast.

Good luck with your order.

4. off-grid hen

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Thanks, guys! I can't wait for my ecoglow to arrive. Chick brooding with only 18 watts! For me, that makes a big difference. Even the 100 watt light bulb would have been a watt- waster in my house, everything is so efficient.

18 watts! [​IMG]

5. Marct611

Marct611 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    Ludlow,MA
    Hi
    I'm in Massachusetts and I ordered last monday the 7th of march. I ordered the hi intensity candler and also the 18 watt brooder. They told me it would ship on Tuesday and approximately 3 days UPS to get here. Nothing came on Friday so I am hoping it comes today because Im on about day 10 of my incubation and I am very curious to look and see what's going on inside them eggs.

6. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I just ordered 2 Eco 20's and turners. I hope they get here before the Easter hatch. [​IMG]

7. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    I sent Brinsea an e-mail asking about shipping and any options last week and never heard a peep back from them. I then went ahead and ordered an Eco20 which shipped the next day and is schedule for delivery today via UPS. The only bad thing is that Brinsea requires a signature for delivery. That's fine for people who don't have jobs and can wait on UPS all day but quite a pain for those of us that do have commitments all day long.

I just hope that the incubator is better than their response to e-mail questions.

And mine shipped from Florida which typically is 2 day shipping.

8. HogbackMtnChickns

HogbackMtnChickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    New Castle, Colorado
    Quote:That is true. My husband happened to be home when it arrived, or I still wouldn't have it. I forgot to mention that.

9. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That is true. My husband happened to be home when it arrived, or I still wouldn't have it. I forgot to mention that.

Not sure why and I wouldn't want to get my UPS driver in trouble but he didn't get a signature from me... maybe he signed it himself... we live out in the boonies and Paul has been our driver for years. It was on the front porch when I got home. Oh... came in a reasonable time... less than 2 weeks.

10. off-grid hen

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Oops, forgot to "subscribe" to this thread. Thanks for the responses. My ecoglow arrived on monday. [​IMG] But now I had to post over on the raising chicks section about it. Someone in my life is concerned it won't be enough heat. (replies re: that topic should be in that thread I guess- and this one can faaaade away.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=471676

Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by