Anyone ever see a black chicken egg? (pic posted now)

4H-Mom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 10, 2010
Rolla, Mo
I went to collect eggs for my daughter today & I was very suprised when I found a black egg. There are 2 White leghorns, 2 Buff Orpingtopns, & 3 Americana with a Buff Orpington rooster. I found 1 white eggs, a light brown eggs, a green egg, & the mysterious Black egg. Anybody have any ideas. I think it is cool. But strange. I called the poultry leader & she wants to see it at the next 4H meeting. Any ideas let me kn0ow. Thanks. I would post a pic but I dont know how. lol (Thanks for the help to post pics)

50838_black_egg.jpg

Last edited:
Come on...you're being a tease!!! You can't just go and say "Ooops I found a black egg!" and then no pics!!!!
gig.gif
If I can figure it out anyone can! There are some GREAt step by step helps if you look around. PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE!!! We need to see this eggie!
droolin.gif

Yes she does have ducks but I thought the eggs were bigger. The egg is the size of a normal chicken egg. Her ducks are a trio of Rouen & a Cayuga hen (we think. lol)
Also as fot the people saying this post is worthless without pics you are being rude. You could help me figure out how to post them instead of rude comments.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom