Anyone ever try the Nite Guard Lite?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Tweeza, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Tweeza

Tweeza Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    New England
  2. charlotteda

charlotteda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Pickens SC
    That is very interesting... funny to think that a flashing red light would work when a big bright one wont ?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i saw this also! i was thinking about it! i wonder if it really does work??

4. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    I bought 4 of the night guard lites after a raccoon got 5 of my australorp hens one night,and I also installed electric wire around the base and top of my run,,I haven,t had an attack since,I can,t say for sure what stopped the raids but I haven,t had any problems in the last 4 months,i usually saw tracks in the soft dirt in my garden next to my run,I have been a coon hunter for 45 years and know what a coon track looks like,I haven,t saw any since installing the 4 night guards,but keep in mind that the lites work after dark,you need protection during the daylight hours also,I have read different opinions about the night guards and I am quite satisfied with mine,,and they do have a guarantee,I have watched possums in my yard after dark after I got the nite guards,I baited the possums to see if they would come near my run,100 feet was as close as they would come,and never far from a wooded area,,so,something is working,,good luck with them if you decide to use them..mxpres

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by