1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone ever try the Rosambros?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Rhi13, May 12, 2011.

1. Rhi13

Rhi13 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2010
    Belmont,NH
    We've tried the cornish x & the freedom rangers. I was actually able to breed the FR with great success. Thinking of trying these rosambros this year... anyone have any input?
    Thanks!!!
    Rhiannon

2. Bucky182

Bucky182 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    I raised them last year and was very pleased with them. I raised 50 of them and 50 Kosher Kings from Nolls Hatchery. The Rosambro is an almost all white bird with some having a few black feathers. They have really niced breast on them and I had them processed at 10 weeks old and they averaged around 4.5 lbs per bird dressed. They did not free range as well as the KK but they did fine. I had no reall leg problems with either breed. I would say it depends on what you want. The Rosambro will give you a much nicer breast and nice legs and thighs the KK will give you a longer breast not as round as the rosambro and very large thighs and legs. Both are much cheaper than the FR in cost and in my opinion a superior bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by