anyone ever try them Electronic cigs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ZoeS95423, Jul 1, 2011.

1. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Hello, I must say, I am a smoker.
    But I want to try those electronic cigs, so I dont have health risks and all that..
    Also the price. I smoke Marlboro reds, which are the most expencive up where I live (almost 10 bucks a pack)

And for some electronic cigarettes you can get the marlboro flavored "cartirdge"
    have anyone tried these?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

They work as far as I am concerned, but ya gotta keep a spare battery charged at all time to switch out, or ya might head to the store to get smokes when the battery in the electronic cir dies. That's what I did.....

I happen to like to smoke, so it was easy to finish the pack without bothering to charge any batteries, and so on and so forth.

Now that I am moving, I am gonna try again. Right now I am not smoking inside my just-purchased house, and when I am fully moved in, I'm getting out the electronic cig kits again.

I smoke ultra-light menthol cigarettes, and the electronic one I used was quite good. I did not use it as a smoking cessation product, just to manage the nicotine cravings without inhaling burning tobacco.

3. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    I found the electronic cig to be really heavy & fatter than a regular cigarette....didn't work for me...it just didn't feel right! [​IMG]

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Never tried one but have considered it. Any suggestions on which brand is the best: as there are quite a number of options.

5. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I tried them, and things were going quite well as far as making the switch, UNTIL i flipped the pack over and found them to be made in china. What immediately flashed in my mind was the recall on toothpaste made in china because they put anitfreeze in it. I started smoking again. They have some made in USA, and I want to get some, but just haven't done it yet. I want to quit smoking altogether, and the ecigs were definitely taking care of my cravings.

6. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    The taste takes some getting used to. My BF had one he'd leave with me while he was at work. Thing tasted like WD-40 smells. Good thing I like the smell of it, but only when I'm putting on bike chains. [​IMG] They aren't bad, you just have to find the right cartridge for you. I bout lost my mind with the lowest cartridge.

7. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I forgot the brand, but mine is model R-510 and I like it. Where I buy mine from (Alvin eCigs - they're on the web) they sell "empty" cartridges and then the liquid so you can drip whatever flavor you like into them or mix and match, whatever. Cheaper that way plus you can order tiny size bottles to see what you like.

But my trouble is, that it just isn't a cigarette. Many people have been able to switch entirely to the ecig and I can see why, it can work very well. If you want to huff and puff a while you can't do that with an ecig because they will heat up. If your smoking style is more relaxed, having a drag every few minutes, then it will work better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by