1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone ever try to hatch bantam sultan eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by abhaya, Jan 25, 2011.

1. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    My better 1/2 wants bantam sultans. I cant find ant breeders and I am wondering if they are just really hard to hatch? I dont really want to order from a hatchery

2. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    I have 5 in the bator now. The lady I got mine from has some more on ebay. She's good to deal with. Good luck

3. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    I found her on ebat I think see seems real nice thanks.

4. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    What is the link or sellers name? I have been looking for sultans for months. [​IMG]

5. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thanks. Got it...and I have a bid in. I will know in 2 days!

Thanks!

6. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Ok so I'm not sure if its getting insane here but another bidder and I are now surpassing $35 for 6 eggs. Is this a bit much? I really want these eggs but I'm not sure if $7 an egg is worth it. What did you pay for your eggs when the bidding was all said and done and what is the quality of the chicks and adults?

7. Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Tiffrz-N-Kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Aledo, TX
    You can get day old chicks at Ideal.

8. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    Woww. I got lucky and won my bid for 0.99 cents. plus shipping. I think 35 dollars is crazy but it all depends on how much you want them. Also remember it's no guarentee with shipped eggs. Good luck

9. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Yeah. Well, at this point I am a bit unamused by the lack of communication from this seller! I won the eggs on 2/6 and paid for them on 2/9. I sent 2 direct emails and got zero replies to my inquiries. On the 12th I get an automatic. Email from ebay stating that the seller put in for a USPS label with an estimated delivery for 2/12?????? Huh? How is that possible?

I will be surprised if these eggs show up, and intact, and hatch!
    [​IMG]

Edited to add: today is the 15th....still no replies and no estimated delivery date of my expensive eggs! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by