Anyone ever used a Steam Mop? Pros Cons , Reviews of these 2

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I am seriously considering one of the 2 Steam Mops, since we have dogs, laminate floor and new tile in the kitchen and I go through Swiffer pads like crazy I thought this might be a better option.
Looking at:

Shark Steam Mop , the new model with the Pocket Pad runs about 120.00 but found a Re-furbished one for $79.00

Monster EZ1 by EuroFlex , this model is a Re-furb for $60.00

I googled both and honestly about the same Pro & Con for both so looking for personal opinions or if anyone has a different brand they like let me know.

THANKS!!!!!

I love my Shark. Only problem I have is that my floors get so dirty I need a lot of the pads ( I have a big house) Darn Carolina Red Clay! You do have to be really sure to pump it well. I got mine new from Bed Bath and Beyond, it was the pocket pad one, but with the 40% off coupon it was much cheaper. I believe it was priced at $99....then minus the 40%.

I also have the Shark Cordless vacuum. It works great for keeping the floors cleaner. We don't have a heavy vac, my back just can't take moving a big one around, and dragging the cord? No way. With a second battery this one is great. For big messes I just use the broom.

Laney

I have the Shark Steam mop(I also got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond) and I love it! Very lightweight.
The pads are a little expensive, but you can wash and reuse them.
My whole house is tile and it beats mopping 2 times a week.

Quote:
Is the coupon on their website, I love printing coupons and using them......
wee.gif

40% would make a new one cheaper than the re-furb one.

I have the Shark and I love it. Got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a coupon, as well. The only downside I have found is that it doesn't have an on/off switch, you have to unplug it. I have smell induced headaches and cleaning with the Shark does not cause headaches. No chemicals on my floors, either. I have found cleaning with steam does not cause dirt to stick to the floors as bad. I have tile and laminate wood floors.

Quote:
Awesome, guess that is what I am going to get then. Now just need to locate that COUPON!!!!!!!!!

I had a shark I had bought from Bed Bath, and Beyond too and I loved it! The only problem was I was mopping the mud room after it had rained, with 4 kids, a husband and a dog it was beyond muddy! Anyway I turned it up to change the pads real quick without unplugging it and it burned up an element or blew a fuse or something. It didn't heat the water after that. I don't know if they have fixed that problem with the new model, just be aware that you might want to keep it upright to change pads while it is still hot.

I bought the McCulloch (sp???) steam cleaner from Amazon. It has up to an hour of cleaning time, due to the large tank. Think: old canister vacuum lookalike. You can use the floor attachment to steam floors and I love it best for this feature. Best part is that I use regular old microfiber cloths as the 'pads'. I fold a cloth in 1/2 and clip in on the cleaning head. Anyway, I have had no problems with it, and I enjoy it a lot! It comes with various attachments for lots of different cleaning jobs, too. I think it was on sale on Amazon for 89.99 a couple of weeks ago, and I had paid almost 150 for it about 2 years ago. Ugh!

I heard from a friend that the shark mop puts out too much water. would those of you who have one agree? I watched an infomercial about the Haan steam mop while i was in the hospital for a few days. I would like to get one of them. Anyone have a Haan?

Back
Top Bottom