Anyone ever used a Steam Mop? Pros Cons , Reviews of these 2

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Jan 1, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I am seriously considering one of the 2 Steam Mops, since we have dogs, laminate floor and new tile in the kitchen and I go through Swiffer pads like crazy I thought this might be a better option.
    Looking at:

Shark Steam Mop , the new model with the Pocket Pad runs about 120.00 but found a Re-furbished one for $79.00

Monster EZ1 by EuroFlex , this model is a Re-furb for $60.00

I googled both and honestly about the same Pro & Con for both so looking for personal opinions or if anyone has a different brand they like let me know.

THANKS!!!!!

2. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    I love my Shark. Only problem I have is that my floors get so dirty I need a lot of the pads ( I have a big house) Darn Carolina Red Clay! You do have to be really sure to pump it well. I got mine new from Bed Bath and Beyond, it was the pocket pad one, but with the 40% off coupon it was much cheaper. I believe it was priced at $99....then minus the 40%.

I also have the Shark Cordless vacuum. It works great for keeping the floors cleaner. We don't have a heavy vac, my back just can't take moving a big one around, and dragging the cord? No way. With a second battery this one is great. For big messes I just use the broom.

Laney

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I have the Shark Steam mop(I also got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond) and I love it! Very lightweight.
    The pads are a little expensive, but you can wash and reuse them.
    My whole house is tile and it beats mopping 2 times a week.

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Is the coupon on their website, I love printing coupons and using them......[​IMG]

40% would make a new one cheaper than the re-furb one.

5. krzybo

krzybo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2009
    Danielsville, GA
    I have the Shark and I love it. Got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a coupon, as well. The only downside I have found is that it doesn't have an on/off switch, you have to unplug it. I have smell induced headaches and cleaning with the Shark does not cause headaches. No chemicals on my floors, either. I have found cleaning with steam does not cause dirt to stick to the floors as bad. I have tile and laminate wood floors.

6. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Awesome, guess that is what I am going to get then. Now just need to locate that COUPON!!!!!!!!!

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I want one of those too - thanks for opening this thread. Tried to get one for Christmas but they were sold out at Target.

8. mandieg4

mandieg4 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2009
    Middle Georgia
    I had a shark I had bought from Bed Bath, and Beyond too and I loved it! The only problem was I was mopping the mud room after it had rained, with 4 kids, a husband and a dog it was beyond muddy! Anyway I turned it up to change the pads real quick without unplugging it and it burned up an element or blew a fuse or something. It didn't heat the water after that. I don't know if they have fixed that problem with the new model, just be aware that you might want to keep it upright to change pads while it is still hot.

9. msdoolittle

msdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I bought the McCulloch (sp???) steam cleaner from Amazon. It has up to an hour of cleaning time, due to the large tank. Think: old canister vacuum lookalike. You can use the floor attachment to steam floors and I love it best for this feature. Best part is that I use regular old microfiber cloths as the 'pads'. I fold a cloth in 1/2 and clip in on the cleaning head. Anyway, I have had no problems with it, and I enjoy it a lot! It comes with various attachments for lots of different cleaning jobs, too. I think it was on sale on Amazon for 89.99 a couple of weeks ago, and I had paid almost 150 for it about 2 years ago. Ugh!

10. jwchicklady

jwchicklady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Howell, MI
    I heard from a friend that the shark mop puts out too much water. would those of you who have one agree? I watched an infomercial about the Haan steam mop while i was in the hospital for a few days. I would like to get one of them. Anyone have a Haan?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by