anyone ever used mt heathly hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Feb 18, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    my feed store orders from there and rireds and barred rock pullets will be 1.75 apiece 15 min. all others are 3.99 each min 15 bird order . they start there order march 1st and chicks will be there in april sometime.

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Yes, many of the feed stores around here do buy from them as it is much closer. The few chickens I have picked up were good healthy birds. RIR and Barred Rocks.

3. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    They are about 80 miles north of here and even though I can pick them up it is cheaper for me to order through the mail from Meyer's. I know of one guy who buys his birds from them and they look like good healthy birds to me. He orders in a large quantity (1000 at a time) so he gets a sizable discount.

1.75 on barred rock is a good price. That is a dollar off of their hatchey price.

Check on ordering through the mail, it might save you some money if you want something other than barred rock.

Do you feed Blueseal feed? I used to work for them in Vermont

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:yes blueseal feed all the way. good stuff and great prices.$10.00 for 50lb bag of layer mash.

5. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Got Mt. H chicks through a feed store. Good healthy chickens.

6. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I buy there. Have not had what you would say trouble. My obsevation is they have great Black Jersey Giants! They sell EEers as Araucanas. Meyer hatchery http://www.meyerhatchery.com/ is cheaper. I have not had any trouble with either. http://www.mthealthy.com/ You compare I buy hundreds from both.

7. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    all my 150 chicks came from mt healthy they are 1 week old and I am very satisfied they were also cheaper than the others and you get 25 free chicks for every 50 ordered....i would recommend

8. WRRgator

WRRgator Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2009
    That is the hatchery that we use at our two feed stores. Our second shipment is due in today. 300 more little peeping babies. Barred rocks, black sex links, and golden comets are coming in this week. If you are in Gainesville, FL or Newberry, FL come see us at Alachua County Feed & Seed or Newberry Feed & Seed.

9. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    Quote:yes blueseal feed all the way. good stuff and great prices.$10.00 for 50lb bag of layer mash.

I remember when it was 5.50 for 50 lbs. That was not that long ago either. (1994/1995) They do make good feed, they don't put a lot of crap in it like other companies.

10. animal nut

animal nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    S. E Ohio
    I ordered from them last September. Loved their service and their chicks. Ordered 15 Golden Comets and received 16 all healthly and beautifal chicks. I did not have an casualities. They have been laying for a month now. I would definitly order from them again.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by