Anyone expecting chicks this week?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Smolfarmcatlady, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Smolfarmcatlady

Smolfarmcatlady Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    Washington
    My chicks from Meyer hatched and have shipped! Anyone else waiting for their chicks this week? I would love to hear about what you're expecting and see pictures when they arrive!
    I'm getting a lavender orpington, a crested cream legbar, a blue laced red wyandotte, and a dominique. I was originally going to get them in 2 weeks, but they had all of my breeds available today so I nabbed them! The dominique was an impulse addition this morning. If one dies I'll still have 3 and we want 3-4.
    They can arrive anytime between Tuesday and Thursday, but I'm going to guess Wednesday. We'll see if I'm right.

2. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Have fun! Not getting any mail order chicks this year, but I picked up 8 Blue Wyandottes that I ordered from my feed store Friday. I found one deceased today, so I went down & nabbed 3 more that they had as extras, so now my original order of 6 has turned into ten. Hope the rest make it.

3. Smolfarmcatlady

Smolfarmcatlady Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    Washington
    Cindy, how fun! I'm sorry you lost one. I imagine that no matter how many you have, it's sad when one dies. Do you have any pictures of your new chicks?

to BarbsGirls and DobieLover like this.
  4. btoutcheque

btoutcheque In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2019
    meyers sipped mine today! 2 0f each:easter eggers, rhode island reds, dominiques,golden laced wyndotes

5. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    :weeYES!!! Mine were shipped today from Meyer too! :wee
    I'm getting:
    2 Welsummer
    1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
    1 Gold Laced Wyandotte
    1 Silver Spangled Hamburg
    1 Light Brown Leghorn
    2 Lakeshore Eggers
    3 Easter Eggers
    1 Exchequer Leghorn
    2 Cuckoo Marans
    1 Meyer Meal Maker
    1 Blue Ameraucana - Male

Just a little more variety to add to my current mixed flock!!
    Chickens-1.jpg

6. Smolfarmcatlady

Smolfarmcatlady Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    Washington
    Yay! I'm glad to have shipping buddies! What great varieties. DobieLover you will have to share how you like your lakeshore eggers because they sound so intriguing to me. I almost had one of those instead of my dominique. btoutcheque I'm a little envious of your easter eggers. Please post pictures when they come!

7. danceswithronin

danceswithronin Crowing

May 24, 2018
    Alabama
    I had my chicks come in from Meyer two weeks ago - I got a Golden Laced Wyandotte, a Golden Laced Polish, a Black Jersey Giant, and a Speckled Sussex. For July 22th, I ordered a White Sultan, a Silver Spangled Hamburg, and a Dominique. All are hens. I also picked up a Silver Laced English Orpington and a black barnyard mutt (some kind of Easter Egger cross) last week - both were born on the 1st.

And I think that's enough chickens for awhile. These are my current Meyer chicks:

20190421_151743.jpg 20190421_151627.jpg 20190421_151534.jpg 20190421_151303.jpg

8. Smolfarmcatlady

Smolfarmcatlady Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    Washington
    Danceswithronin thanks for sharing your pictures. They are so cute!

9. Celticdragonfly

Celticdragonfly Songster

May 17, 2018
    Saginaw, TX
    We special ordered our three chicks to Russell Feed & Supply, they get them from Ideal Poultry - which is here in Texas, so hopefully I need have no worries about the VND thing that's happening in California/Utah/Arizona. They will be here Wednesday. We have the brooder box ready, and are having a coop built for them in May. I am very excited, and earlier today I was dreaming about picking them up! We're getting a Leghorn hybrid, a red sex link, and an Easter egger.

10. danceswithronin

danceswithronin Crowing

May 24, 2018
    Alabama
    My golden laced Wyandotte chick is named Attila the Hen, she is so beautiful and she hates being picked up like poison. I have a feeling she's going to grow up into mostly a hands-off kind of bird unless I can do some serious treat bribery over the next few weeks. 56954339_10156370797756538_6248305910981066752_o.jpg

Attila says keep your hands to yourself, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: