Anyone expecting chicks this week?

Pics

Smolfarmcatlady

Chirping
Apr 20, 2019
Washington
My chicks from Meyer hatched and have shipped! Anyone else waiting for their chicks this week? I would love to hear about what you're expecting and see pictures when they arrive!
I'm getting a lavender orpington, a crested cream legbar, a blue laced red wyandotte, and a dominique. I was originally going to get them in 2 weeks, but they had all of my breeds available today so I nabbed them! The dominique was an impulse addition this morning. If one dies I'll still have 3 and we want 3-4.
They can arrive anytime between Tuesday and Thursday, but I'm going to guess Wednesday. We'll see if I'm right.

My chicks from Meyer hatched and have shipped! Anyone else waiting for their chicks this week? I would love to hear about what you're expecting and see pictures when they arrive!
I'm getting a lavender orpington, a crested cream legbar, a blue laced red wyandotte, and a dominique. I was originally going to get them in 2 weeks, but they had all of my breeds available today so I nabbed them! The dominique was an impulse addition this morning. If one dies I'll still have 3 and we want 3-4.
They can arrive anytime between Tuesday and Thursday, but I'm going to guess Wednesday. We'll see if I'm right.
:weeYES!!! Mine were shipped today from Meyer too! :wee
I'm getting:
2 Welsummer
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
1 Gold Laced Wyandotte
1 Silver Spangled Hamburg
1 Light Brown Leghorn
2 Lakeshore Eggers
3 Easter Eggers
1 Exchequer Leghorn
2 Cuckoo Marans
1 Meyer Meal Maker
1 Blue Ameraucana - Male

Just a little more variety to add to my current mixed flock!!
Chickens-1.jpg

I had my chicks come in from Meyer two weeks ago - I got a Golden Laced Wyandotte, a Golden Laced Polish, a Black Jersey Giant, and a Speckled Sussex. For July 22th, I ordered a White Sultan, a Silver Spangled Hamburg, and a Dominique. All are hens. I also picked up a Silver Laced English Orpington and a black barnyard mutt (some kind of Easter Egger cross) last week - both were born on the 1st.

And I think that's enough chickens for awhile. These are my current Meyer chicks:

20190421_151743.jpg
20190421_151627.jpg
20190421_151534.jpg
20190421_151303.jpg

We special ordered our three chicks to Russell Feed & Supply, they get them from Ideal Poultry - which is here in Texas, so hopefully I need have no worries about the VND thing that's happening in California/Utah/Arizona. They will be here Wednesday. We have the brooder box ready, and are having a coop built for them in May. I am very excited, and earlier today I was dreaming about picking them up! We're getting a Leghorn hybrid, a red sex link, and an Easter egger.

meyers sipped mine today! 2 0f each:easter eggers, rhode island reds, dominiques,golden laced wyndotes

My golden laced Wyandotte chick is named Attila the Hen, she is so beautiful and she hates being picked up like poison. I have a feeling she's going to grow up into mostly a hands-off kind of bird unless I can do some serious treat bribery over the next few weeks.
56954339_10156370797756538_6248305910981066752_o.jpg

Attila says keep your hands to yourself, lol.

Back
Top Bottom