Anyone expecting on May 10th....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AnniesEggFarm, May 2, 2009.

1. AnniesEggFarm

AnniesEggFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    I have a total of 27 eggs in bator... a mix of 6 bantams, 11 full sized chickens ( From Americana Roo ) & 10 Guinea eggs that are due next weekend!!! I can't wait... This is my second go around, first one ended in a terrible tragedy [​IMG] .... Want to join me in the last week wait... I candled tonight and all 27 are swimming like wild.... [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] T Minus 7 Days....

Jenn [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    I've got 14 due on May 9th [​IMG] !(15, but I think 1 has expired?[​IMG]). I have a feeling they'll be early a day or two [​IMG] since I kept my temps a hair high [​IMG] ....Hope our hatches are a success [​IMG] Good Luck!![​IMG]

3. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    I've got 24 eggs due to hatch on may 10th also. 12 white silkie eggs & 12 assorted (Mystery) bantam eggs. Its my first hatch in my brinsea octogon 20 eco, so i'm super excited.

The waiting has been killing me! i've never been a patient person. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I'm doing my first test hatch in a cooler bator and if anything hatches they are due on the 10th. I used little pullet eggs because my girls just started laying. I have 2 left out of 8 that are doing something, but I can't figure out what I'm seeing when I candle. I just see the air cell, a dark mass, and a space at the pointy end of the egg. They are brown eggs. Maybe my light isn't bright enough or something. I'm really curious what's going on inside of my eggs!

5. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    mine are due the 16th I think..

6. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I have 36 guinea eggs under 3 broodies...due May 13...May 21, I have 12 mallards, 4 turkeys, due to hatch in my Hovabator...and then a week later, EEs and Polish...this is gonna take forever waiting on all these to hatch lol

Good luck all with the're hatches!!

7. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Yes! May 10th for me!!!! This is my first broody hatch and we are very excited! We tried to candle on day 7 and didn't see anything. I thought maybe it was too early or maybe the light wasn't bright enough. May try again but don't want to mess with her too much.

8. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I have 36 bantam eggs and 30 large brown and green eggs due to hatch on the 14th...so far so good....good luck with yours...

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Most of mine are due by the 6th, but I have some muscovy eggs that are due the 11th and 14th, does that count? [​IMG]

10. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Yes, my husbands game eggs hatch on the 10th, around 20 or so, and I have 3 peahen eggs due to hatch on the 17th. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by