Anyone feed Taste of the Wild dog food?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by luvmychicknkids, Jun 12, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    As many of you know I am getting a new Great Dane puppy. I have been researching the best food for a dog his size. Anyway, keeping the protein at a reasonably low level seems to be one of the most important things. I found a food, Taste of the Wild, which has 25% protein (a little higher than I wanted) no fillers, no grain, the main ingredient is salmon. Sounds wonderful so far. Just wondering if anyone here uses it?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's what I feed my house dog. She likes it fine and her itch problem has gotten much better since I switched over to it last fall.

3. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    [​IMG]good luck with that you will probably have to buy a 100 lbs at a time,

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I've heard its good food..

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Gypsy eats less of it than she did the food I fed her before.

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, I know how large they get and how much they eat. [​IMG] Mine is the same color as your's, BTW. [​IMG] I want to make sure he stays VERY healthy and gets the best possible nutrition.

I had heard, Katy, that it is really great for dogs with a skin condition.

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:This is what I was thinking would be the case since it isn't just a bunch of fillers and is made of REAL food. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's why I decided to give it a try. She was constantly licking and itching and giving herself hot spots. She's a 1/2 husky that weighs 74 pounds and she only eats between 2 and 3 cups a day.

9. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    mine was an eaten machine, he was always hungry

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:That is really great.....my mother used to have a dog that got hot spots all the time and it was just horrible for the poor little thing. [​IMG] I was really amazed when I read the label on this....it sounds like FOOD not a science experiment! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: