Anyone feed Taste of the Wild dog food?

It should be fine for a high energy dog.... it's the low energy ones you have to be more careful as they can really gain weight on the high protein food. I went to the high protein more because my dog has stomach issues with any grains.. but I have to be careful because even a little weight gain is bad since both my dogs have long backs and weight gain really can stress their backs. Both of mine have doxie in them !
smile.png

We feed the bison/venison to our border collies. Seems to work well for them. We had a hard time finding something they would actually EAT, they are incredibly picky. They do eat and do well on this food.

We try to look for as much protien as we can in a dog food. Our dogs work hard.

I've been shying away from most salmon products b/c the farmed salmon is so awful for ecosystems... basically the farmed salmon industry is sort of like factory chicken farms-overcrowded & full of disease. The farms are normally located at the mouths of rivers where wild salmon run, and their disease infects the wild salmon and decimates entire populations.

I don't know if that is a concern of yours or not, but if it is I thought I would share. I quit buying salmon dog & cat food for that reason.

I feed Taste of the Wild, and my picky dogs really like it. My Wheaton has skin allergies and is allergic to beef, wheat and who knows what else, she does very well on this food. Taste of the wild is produced by the same company that makes Diamond and Chicken soup for the___ lovers soul brand food. We carry it, and feed it at the kennel I work at.

We feed Taste of the Wild, although we are thinking of switching back to Wellness. My Pyr is the pickiest bugger on the face of the earth, and will only eat properly if his food is switched around, mixed with yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter, canned food...
roll.png
He was crazy about Taste of the Wild for all of six months, now the novelty has worn off and he turns his nose up.

My Newfie loves it, although the Newfie also loves eating rocks, sticks, chicken poop, and grass.

Both are quite healthy, although the Pyr is a little bit underweight and the Newf is a chubby girl. They do need their teeth brushed in addition to chomping on bones and special dental chewies, though. But they have nice coats, good skin, lots of energy.

LA~Poulet :

I've been shying away from most salmon products b/c the farmed salmon is so awful for ecosystems... basically the farmed salmon industry is sort of like factory chicken farms-overcrowded & full of disease. The farms are normally located at the mouths of rivers where wild salmon run, and their disease infects the wild salmon and decimates entire populations.

I don't know if that is a concern of yours or not, but if it is I thought I would share. I quit buying salmon dog & cat food for that reason.

Salmon farming is banned in Alaska. From what I've read the salmon in Taste of the Wild is from Alaska. The salmon oil I buy is from Wild alaska salmon. I wouldnt avoid all salmon products .. just buy responsibly.. do the research.

Nancy​

I have started switching my little yippy mutt, Bella, over to it. She LOVES it! You can tell she thinks it is treats.
smile.png
The cats are even stealing bites of it which they NEVER do since their food usuallly tastes better.
smile.png
I kinda figured they would eat less with it not having any fillers.
smile.png
I am hoping so....eating less, pooping less.
woot.gif

A bit late on this (but I just happen to be looking at your old threads looking for some possible great dane pictures lol) but Taste of the Wild is a favorite in this house, cats and dog. Great food and not that bad of a price, I highly recommend them.

Quote:
Well, I am really loving it so far with my little Bella mutt.
smile.png
I have decided to switch my cats to it, too. I have one that gets little itchy spots (and my cats don't even know ticks and fleas exist so I know that isn't it) so I thought it might help with that. As for Great Dane pics, check back after July 4th and I will probably be posting a million!!! I am about to die waiting for the little guy!!!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom