Anyone Feel Like Guessing? *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SabaiFarms, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SabaiFarms

SabaiFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Calhan, Colorado
    I can't see anything rooish yet, but I'm no expert! Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

I got these two at the feed store as 'day old' on the 7th, which would make them 3 weeks old today. They look older than that to me.

BLRW #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BLRW #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Blue Plymouth Rock hatched on the 6th, so she is 3 weeks old. She is so tiny next to these two, but she wears the pants in the brooder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the best pics I could get. They would not sit still tonight. I can try to take any pics you feel may be more helpful, just let me know.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help out!!

2. miraclz5

miraclz5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I am guessing that both the BLRW are roosters as they look just like two of ours looked at that age and they are roosters!

3. SabaiFarms

Feb 6, 2011
    Calhan, Colorado
    Quote:Figures I would pick two roos out of the bin! [​IMG]

Thanks for the reply!

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Yep, my guess was two roosters as well. Sorry!

5. miraclz5

miraclz5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    We feel your pain....we picked 4 at the breeders and we have 3 roosters and 1 hen!!!!!! She is an AWESOME chick....she thinks she is a lap dog but we wanted more than 1 BLRW in our new little flock!!! Oh well.....Tilly rocks and makes up for it!!!! She is the chick in my BYC picture....sitting on my laptop while I am playing on BYC!!!! LOL

6. SabaiFarms

Feb 6, 2011
    Calhan, Colorado
    These two were purchased to keep my only chick to hatch (the BPR) company until I could hatch some more. They have really grown on me though. They are so sweet and have so much personality I was hoping to be able to keep at least one of them.

Thanks for all your help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by