Anyone from Canada?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HallChicks, Apr 21, 2007.

1. HallChicks

HallChicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2007
    Hi, I am just learning about raising chickens and am very excited about it!![​IMG] I was wondering if anyone knows about where you can order chicks (Orpingtons, Americauns or Wynedottes) in Alberta, Canada.

Thanks!!

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I'm in BC. Ex Albertan.

Are you set up for incubating eggs? If not you will have to order from Rochester Hatchery in westlock alberta. If they don't have the breeds you want then the next step is eastern canadian hatcheries that have far more choices. Be prepared for the shipping!!!$$$$$$$

If you need more help email me at [email protected]

3. radical53

radical53 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2007
    Lake Simcoe, Ontario
    i am having 0 luck locating a hatchery in eastern canada (ontario) i cannot find one that has a website you can order from.

Thank-You in advance

4. jaseg

jaseg Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2007
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Hi Guys I'm from New Brunswick. Hey Radical, look up feed store in the yellow pages and call them, they may have numbers for you, they are always connected with the hatcheries. If not call Dept of Agriculture in your area.

Go to farmers markets, or just visit any farmer, they know what's going on, don't be shy, most farmers are happy to talk.

If you have trouble send me an E-mail, and I'll help you locate someone.

[email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by