Anyone from NJ, NY, PA?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by TracyLK, Apr 22, 2011.

1. TracyLK

TracyLK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    I am planning on getting 6 chicks and would like to know of places to buy them from!

2. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    there tractor supplys but id be very careful. They messed up my order of birds and I got roosters with my hens and i didnt want any!!!! Make sure you are very clear on the type of chicken you want (hen, roo,)

3. TracyLK

TracyLK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Do you know the names/locations of the stores. We are from north Jersey and don't have any by us.

4. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    look in your phone book for feed mills

5. BackyardFarmMama

BackyardFarmMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Lower NY
    I am in Rockland County, NY and there is NO place nearby, I ordered my chicks online from mypetchicken.com - they will be arriving in mid-june

6. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Perhaps try http://maps.google.com/ ... type in "Feed store near YOURTOWN, NJ" and see what it comes up with. It's how I found a feed store near me that I never knew existed (and I've lived here 23 years!).

Otherwise try searching for local breeders, and if all else fails you can mail order.

7. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    We got our chicks from eFowl.com. i have read some bad reviews, but our chicks are doing fine and all were healthy. The only downside was they took a while to come. There is a miimum order of 15, so though it is a bit of a hassle, we got straight run chicks and are not keeping the roo's.

8. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I'm in Hunterdon County and just hatched 18 Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins last week if you're interested!!! [​IMG]

9. cobra2411

cobra2411 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2009
    I got mine at Moyer's in Quakertown Pa (http://www.moyerschicks.com). I'm not sure exactly were you are but I've done Quakertown to Clinton NJ before and it was like an hour and a half IIRC. Come over 78 and turn south at Allentown. Nice to deal with and you won't have the TSC problems of mixed up chicks but their selection isn't very big.

10. JeffreyDV

JeffreyDV Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    I am in north eastern NJ and new to this also. While there is no one nearby to purchase chickens from, I have found many within 1 - 1 1/2 hours away. Check Craigslist North Jersey, South Jersey, Central Jersey, Allentown PA, and Hudson Valley NY.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by