Anyone from Western New York

The Laird

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Kendall, NY
Hi, I live in Kendall, which is about a 1/2 hour northwest of Rochester, just into Orleans county. I would like to find out who all is into chickens in my area. Thanks.

good guess, no I keep my chickens back home. I could probably keep a serama but I don't think my roommate would agree to that
lol.png

Hi. I live about 25 miles south of Buffalo, NY. Although I've had assorted chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and peafowl for years, I have just recently "discovered" this wonderful and informative website. Now I am eagerly awaiting my first group of mail-order chicks!

Finch, in western NY

Hi Finch, I have in-laws in Boston, NY, which shouldn't be too far from you. Have you ever been to the Springville livestock auction? Do you have peacocks for sale? (for future reference)

Hi Laird. We used to live in Colden, MANY years ago, and I have always thought the Boston/Colden area to be a much prettier area than where I am now (North Collins). I have been to the Springville flea market, but have never stayed for the livestock auction in the afternoon. I have looked at the boxed up and crated birds prior to the auction, and found that to be a very depressing sight.
I have 5 peafowl (2 males, 3 hens) now (down from a noisey!! high of 12 about 7 years ago), but they are not for sale. I am hoping to get some new blood in here this year or next as my 5 are the issue of several generations of free range inbreeding.

Back
Top Bottom