1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone from Western New York

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by The Laird, Apr 12, 2007.

1. The Laird

The Laird Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2007
    Kendall, NY
    Hi, I live in Kendall, which is about a 1/2 hour northwest of Rochester, just into Orleans county. I would like to find out who all is into chickens in my area. Thanks.

2. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I live in eastern NY but go to college about a 1/2 hour south of Rochester.

3. The Laird

Apr 11, 2007
    Kendall, NY
    Picco, Hmmm, Let me guess. SUNY Geneseo? You don't have your chcikens in the dorm do you?

4. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    good guess, no I keep my chickens back home. I could probably keep a serama but I don't think my roommate would agree to that [​IMG]

5. Finch

Finch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2007
    Hi. I live about 25 miles south of Buffalo, NY. Although I've had assorted chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and peafowl for years, I have just recently "discovered" this wonderful and informative website. Now I am eagerly awaiting my first group of mail-order chicks!

Finch, in western NY

6. The Laird

Apr 11, 2007
    Kendall, NY
    Hi Finch, I have in-laws in Boston, NY, which shouldn't be too far from you. Have you ever been to the Springville livestock auction? Do you have peacocks for sale? (for future reference)

7. Finch

Finch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2007
    Hi Laird. We used to live in Colden, MANY years ago, and I have always thought the Boston/Colden area to be a much prettier area than where I am now (North Collins). I have been to the Springville flea market, but have never stayed for the livestock auction in the afternoon. I have looked at the boxed up and crated birds prior to the auction, and found that to be a very depressing sight.
    I have 5 peafowl (2 males, 3 hens) now (down from a noisey!! high of 12 about 7 years ago), but they are not for sale. I am hoping to get some new blood in here this year or next as my 5 are the issue of several generations of free range inbreeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by