1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone gets this on their Jumbo Browns???

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Stellar, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    So I had another grow out and this boy pops up....

[​IMG]

Now if he was gold I would just "hey, it's a Manchurian...." But it's not...It's a Jumbo Brown for sure...but but...the face...it's ummm...black...

Just thought I would share as I have no clue what happened in the gene pool this time [​IMG] Enjoy!

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Got A Manchurian In The Wood Pile Somewheres? [​IMG]

I Get An Occasional Masked Lad Like That, Tho Not Very Often. I Kinda Like It.

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Have not had any Jumbos come up with the mask, only my Manchurians. He is pretty though. [​IMG]

Lisa

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like him!
    New color Masked browns? [​IMG]

AC

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've not had any like that, but you know me, only hatch when the eggs don't sell [​IMG]

6. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    He is very pretty. I have a little boy who has a darker face than normal but nothing that dark. I like it.[​IMG]

7. Fishman43

Fishman43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2010
    Durham
    I like the look!

Selectively breed for it and come up with a catchy trade name that will be missused and applied to all kinds of other birds... I like masked bandits, or even better since these are jumbos, Dark Night; the later years.

8. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

well you all can laugh and make jokes about him but i think he is a BEAUTY ! Let me know if/when you have eggs from him or his breeding....[​IMG]

9. Fishman43

Fishman43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2010
    Durham
    Quote:Who is making jokes about him, I think all have said he is great.

I was making jokes about the plethora of trade names that exist in regards to animals like this that have many potencial colors and patterns.

10. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Well, I can't put him in with the Jumbo browns because the natural colors will be ruined...soo...looks like he will be in a new pen with a few ladies to see if the black face gets on the hens in the next generation....just a little fun [​IMG] I seriously thought he was a manchurian at first when moving birds around [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by