1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone getting ready to hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AuntNomi, Sep 28, 2015.

1. AuntNomi

AuntNomi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2015
    Callahan, Florida!
    My son and I are about to set our first set of eggs in the incubator, and we were hoping for someone to hatch along with us. We are in Jacksonville Florida. High humidity, so any pointers are so helpful. I have read some about not using water til lock down since it is so humid here. I have had the incubator running a few days and the humidity stays around 44%. Anyone want to join in, all welcome. Thanks

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I seem to remember an october hatch-a-long thread - maybe you may wish to join that?
    I am expecting some chicks this coming weekend - their surrogate mother always does a great job - just hope that the new rooster was not firing blanks [​IMG]
    All the best
    CT

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  4. AuntNomi

AuntNomi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2015
    Callahan, Florida!
    Thanks, I did find the October Hatchalong thread. We set our eggs in the incubator yesterday. 14 of them! Hopefully all goes well, and Best of luck to you both.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by