Anyone go to Germany?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by annie3001, Nov 14, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    So, hubby and I are planning a week long trip in May sometime next year to Frankfurt Germany. My company from work gave us some free airline tickets, and we are going!! Anyways, looking for advice. Any tips for Germany? Places we must visit.
    We are planning on renting a car. Not sure on hotels yet.
    We are in the process of renewing our passports for travel.
    We have been to Ireland and london, a few years back (more like 6years ago). So traveling abroad is familiar to us. However going to Germany is not.
    I have to say, I am proud to be half german born. My mother is full blooded german, but knows nothing about germany. (sigh) I was even thinking on taking a college class how to learn to speak german? thanks for any advice!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Well since im like obssed with knowing about Hitler and the German Army in WW2 I ( They had a bunch of great inventions, but luckly they were never used ) I would probably visit some of the WW2 things [​IMG] But thats just me hehe

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    okay... yes.. very good....(writing this down)))

4. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    I've never been so I can't help. But take lots of picures and post them when you get back. I've always wanted to go and even took some German it high school.
    Hubby is 1/4th german his Grandfather came over in the 20's and he was born in the 1890s! Gotta say those german guys like hubby that are dark hair/skinned are wicked cute [​IMG]
    If I ever went I know DH and I've talked the place we want to see is the black forrest.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Go south to the German Alps. I also visited Germany. I went to buy a show dog. The breeder was in the north. I was sorry that I never made it south.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:My dad was 1/2 german with near black hair but light skin and grey/blue eyes. Striking combo.

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Google Oberammergau Germany.

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:yes!!! black forrest!!

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:awesome!!! a show dog!!!

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:My dad was 1/2 german with near black hair but light skin and grey/blue eyes. Striking combo.

handsome!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by