Anyone got a quick answer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by skunknchatter, Apr 18, 2009.

1. skunknchatter

skunknchatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Northern Utah
    Can I feed my chickens the leftover pineapple skins and core?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I do not know.

All I know is that my chickens are garbage disposals and will eat almost anything.

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    The only thing I can remember is that no acidic foods--I dont remember why but is pinnapple considered acidic? gives them diarreaha?

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I was told no acidic food like oranges and such... so I would stay away from pineapple too!

5. ScrambledAcresFarm

ScrambledAcresFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Caulfield, Missouri
    They probably wont eat it anyway!

6. Lorettawyandotte

Lorettawyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    I played a dirty trick on my girls one afternoon...they are garbage disposals and I am forever taking them scraps and treats...I even buy day old bread for them...but one afternoon I had some lemons I was not going to use for anything...I sliced them and tossed them in the pen...they all dove on the lemons and then proceeded to try to spit...it was hilarious and maybe mean on my part but they did not appreciate the lemons...the cherrios was another experience...dumped a box in the tire half I use for a feeder in the yard...they all gathered around and were talking it over...cocking their head this way and that way...studying the situation...it was almost as if they were daring someone to go first and if they did not die, the others would follow...one brave hen finally took a cherrio and then the rest commenced a piranna attack on the cereal...they are such funny birds...I just love them...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by