Anyone had any luck with chicks surviving a fallen incubator

Elliebeans

Songster
Aug 5, 2019
Tasmania, Australia
I had two freshly chicks hatch in my mini brinsea incubator. Cat got into the room and knocked it off the bench onto a chair in front of it so it didn't fall that far. Luckily I had another incubator running that I put them in there. They're still alive and have crawled around a little (not standimg yet) and chirped. It's only been 30 minutes since I found them. Is there reason to hope they might pull through?

Thank you. I'm desperately hoping so. I've left for work now but they both managed to stand before I left. My mother is going to check on them during the day for me. They're such tiny little things (silkies) it's hard to imagine them being able to pull through something like that.

13 hours and they're still here they're standing up and walking and chirping between naps. They were pecking at pieces of egg shell so I put a little food in there for them but am keeping them in the incubator for a while yet. They seem very small for silkies. I hatched put 2 a couple of months ago and I swear they were bigger. These guys seem the size of my pekin and Japanese bantams when they hatched. I've seen their parents in the flesh and they're good looking silkies. Could it be that they are from early eggs after the winter break?

Attachments

• 20191008_195241.jpg
    20191008_195241.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 13
13 hours and they're still here they're standing up and walking and chirping between naps. They were pecking at pieces of egg shell so I put a little food in there for them but am keeping them in the incubator for a while yet. They seem very small for silkies. I hatched put 2 a couple of months ago and I swear they were bigger. These guys seem the size of my pekin and Japanese bantams when they hatched. I've seen their parents in the flesh and they're good looking silkies. Could it be that they are from early eggs after the winter break?
Awww...cutie pies! :love

They look good and dry, I would take them out and get them into the brooder with food and water.
Are the parents standard or bantam?

Out of the brooder and in with their adopted australorp siblings (please excuse all the poop).
The parents looked standard sized to me, I'm not sure if we have a bantam version of the silkie in Australia, maybe there were some more hens I didn't see?

Attachments

• 20191009_063755.jpg
    20191009_063755.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom