Anyone had any luck with this 7egg incubator

chickenreyna

Songster
Oct 10, 2017
Oklahoma
I am on a tight budget and cant keep temp right in my homemade incubator. ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-01-21-22-06.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-01-21-22-06.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 16
Try a temperature controller maybe? I ordered one from Amazon and plan on trying it out this spring. It was only thirty dollars.

WILLHI WH1436A Temperature Controller 110V Digital Thermostat Switch Sous Vide Controller NTC 10K Sensor, Improved Version

It had good reviews, especially for the price, and I've been fiddling with mine. It's never done anything weird like randomly turn off or start beeping for no reason, and when I test it with ice water, it's always at 32 Fahrenheit (after I calibrated it. It was slightly off.) I have high hopes.

I tried 4 eggs in this incubator 3 were quitters but 1 hatched successfully. The only issue i had was it didnt have a humity gauge. I didnt buy one either :barnie. If i try more eggs i will definitely get one. It held the temperature just fine.
20171007_151838.jpg
Best of luck with your eggs!!

I have this and have used it very successfully. However, I did buy a thermometer/hygrometer from Amazon, a really small one, and then I set the temp according to it. The directions they give I have found to be really good BUT - make SURE and check the temp and make SURE it's set properly. The instructions are great for changing it from factory settings which I found were not right. I do live at a very high altitude and no doubt it was set for sea level (they come from England) so with that in mind, I can highly recommend it. It truly is set and forget. I kept mine in the living room because I was nervous but it never had a problem, once I had it set to the right temperature.

I had this, but had a very unsuccessful time with it. Mainly my fault, I didn’t turn it off when taking the lid off and candling and it caught fire. So if you do go for it please don’t make my mistake!

It should hold the normal 7. Also remember though about turning. Yes the round end can be placed up but it doesn’t leave room for turning. I used to put 6 in and lay them on their sides instead of on their end. Makes manual turning easier. Hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom