Anyone had children after husband had radiation?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by happyheart, Nov 18, 2008.

1. happyheart

happyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    I was just wondering if anyone had children after their husbands had radiation?

2. tamlynn

tamlynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Torrance, CA
    Not me personally, but I have a friend who did. I'm sorry you've had to go through that hard trial.

3. happyheart

happyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    WEll my husband had sarcoma in his leg about 7 years ago and the radioligist said it wouldnt be possible. But I have faith and when you have faith all things are possible granted my daughter is 9 now but I would still like to have one more.

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

My son-in-law was exposed to an accidental dosing of radiation while working on a radar system. He had radiation sickness and everything. He was told he'd probably never have children. When he got out of the Navy, he came home, met my daughter and now I have 2 grandaughters!

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd have DH get checked out if it was me. It may or may not be possible, but I'd want to know for sure. There are so many fertility options out there. Good Luck! [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Definitely have him go to the doctor. They say it kills the sperm 90% of the time, but that leaves 10% and who knows what the plan for you two is, right?

7. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Quote:With faith all things are possible, I am sure there is a plan for your family and it will all work out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by