1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone Hand Turn Serama Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sharisr32, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I was curious if anyone had ever hand turned and got a hatch - Brinsea 10 is what I am hand turning in --- Silkie eggs hatch so I know it works --

2. scottsdale454ss

scottsdale454ss New Egg

Mar 12, 2007
    i did, it was my first time hatching eggs, so i wasnt all that successfull, plus i got my eggs through the mail so that probably didnt help.

i ended up with three chickens, but i dont remember how many eggs i had, i took alot out that didnt seem to be growing becuase i only wanted a couple chickens.

i used a hovabator and hand turned them, i wore doctor gloves when handling them cus i heard the oil/dirt on your hands can clog the pores in the eggs.

3. Moon79

Moon79 New Egg

Jan 20, 2008
    Hamilton, Alabama
    Hello, I hand turned 55 eggs 2 times a day for 3 weeks and 34 of them hatched, they are doing fine. It was the first time in years I had done this so I was happy with the results. Good Luck with yours. The instructions with my bater said to just wash your hands with antibacterial soap before handling eggs. Your Chicken Friend Moon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by