1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone hatched shipped silkie eggs, results?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chkinut, Feb 2, 2012.

1. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    and if so, how did it all turn out? i'm getting 12 silkie eggs from MPC in 2 weeks and i was wondering what i can expect for hatch rates. i know there's a lot of factors with hatch rates (humidity, temps, etc) just wondering what anyone elses experiences have been with ANY shipped silkie eggs, but also from those that got them from MPC

2. Dirty Dozen

Dirty Dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    The 1st batch of shipped eggs I every hatched, I hatched 19 out of 25. Beginners luck?

3. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    The last batch of shipped eggs i got 100% hatch!! I have another set in the incubator now!!! Then i have had a 80% one time And then one time i had a 0% hatch and one time 1 out of 32 hatch so i am all over the place

4. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I have 5 dozen silkie eggs in the incubators right now and I hope that most of them hatch because they are sold already [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] It can also depend on how brutal the postal dept was on them [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    The first time I tried to hatch shipped silkie eggs I had 0 hatch, now I have 23/27 shipped silkie eggs developing.

6. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    I just had 17 out of 20 silkies hatch! They were shipped eggs.

7. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    This was really helpful. I have about 18 coming Monday morning. I'm nervous.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by