Anyone hatching duck eggs right now?

I have a muscovy sitting on her eggs. She has 18 under her all fertile. This is her first hatch so I am hoping most hatch. They should be hatching in the next week or so. I am so excited!
clap.gif

I tried hatching muscovy eggs a month ago...got nothing. the mom sat and got 23, the next mom sat and got 13, now another hen is setting and she is due to come off the nest this month...she has 12/13 eggs...the oldest ducks are 4 weeks old....ughhhh..what will I do with so many ducks?

Quote:
Thanks missred...will know to not to worry too much until it's been a while after a pip then. I have helped many a chick out, and that is what I do..after 24 hrs..nothing after having been pipped that long, I help it. I have pretty good luck with it.

BigDreamer, thanks! I also like putting a wet sponge or rag in to raise humidity. I'm thinking maybe two for these.
wink.png

pirtykitty...I think I told this before...love your picture, I almost bought one, but ended up with the one with Christ and the child..not the one with the butterfly, but the one where the child is looking up at him. I have a lot of grandchildren..had to have it.

fl.gif
Good luck with your hatch Nicky.... I have a broodie Rouen sitting on Golden Cascade's nest of eggs & the Golden Cascade finished laying more eggs in another nest which she is now sitting on. ~The babies will be ALL Golden Cascade.
ya.gif
The Rouen...hatch day is Friday 8th Golden Cascade...3 weeks to go I am planning on hi-jacking the eggs to finish the hatch in the incubator, but I'm kinda nervous. Not quite sure what day to take them? For Sure I Seen the Rouen go sit on the eggs starting "June 11th". ~Julie~

Quote:
That's me too..next week, but mine are in a bator. That will be fun for all of you that have broody ducks! How fun! Babies chasing after mom, what a treat to watch.
Guess I'll have to be the mom when they hatch. Hope they want to follow me.
smile.png
First, hope they hatch! Tues. is lockdown.
fl.gif

I put 31 call duck eggs in incubator on June 29th. Had to throw 2 stinky ones out so down to 29 .Most have veining, 1 or 2 questionable still. Good Luck to All!!
fl.gif

Good Luck!!! the babies are growing already - two days old and they are swimming in the water dish already. And to think I only counted only 3 eggs under Darkwing! Now to get rid of about 7 ducklings!!!! I cannot have that many ducks. Three seemed to be a good number.... until this hatch out. I will keep only females and then probably have a delicious feast on Flipper , the male who chases me all over the yard and bites me.. I have been threatening him.. but to no avail. Now I have a reason to eat him... I do not want any more babies.

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

I have 3 call babies and 3 standard ducks now, no idea on breeds yet from the large ducks, since they were mystery eggs from a friend I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the blue one is NOT a runner so I can keep it! I dont want anymore runners in my flock, just my preference, they are beautiful but not my type of bird. I think that one of them is from my eggs though, it looks to be one of my rouen's they looks different that a standard production rouen since they arent lol, I made my rouens from a swedishxrouen hen and a pekin drake, and they seem to be breeding true... yipee!

My original 7 are still going strong. I just candled. Lockdown on Tues. Boy, there is one that has an air sac that is ridiculous! It goes way up the side. I am worried about that. I will pencil it and try to make it so that side is up, man, I'm not even sure that poor baby will be able to turn in there. I hope it makes it to lockdown.
Anyone else have that happen? Huge air sac going up to almost the whole side??

Back
Top Bottom