Anyone hatching Nov. 21?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by becky3086, Nov 16, 2008.

1. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Thought I would start this one since I have eggs hatching the 21 or 22nd. They are marans, welsummers, black australorp and some mixed. I have candled the australorp and mixed eggs but can't candle the others. :|
    Becky

2. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I have a hatch due either the 21st or 22 too. I am hatching white silkie eggs under a broody and I know that 6 of the eggs have babies in them. [​IMG] I cant wait for them to hatch!!

3. renatpreschool

renatpreschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I am! I have blue cochins, partridge cochins, and bantam ameracaunas. [​IMG]

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hatch due the 21st, these are a test on my breeder pens. RIR Pen, White Rock Pen,and a Pen to Produce Golden Comet. Will be selling hatching eggs and chicks.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  5. alalele

alalele Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Livingston Parish, LA
    Mine went in on Nov 1st, so will be watching closely the 19 through the 22nd.

Are any of you still candling and can you see anything other than a dark mass?
    I can't see movement anymore on my EE eggs.

Put in 5 eggs and they all were fertile, but one stopped growing about a week ago, it has a fracture in the blunt end and decided today that it's better to take it out.

Decided to open it (outside) tomorrow (monday). Little bit worried about doing that, but I'm 99% sure it can't be alive and don't want it to explode in the bator. This is my first time incubating.

6. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Mine also went in on the !st of Novemeber. I am hatching cinnamin queens......I have an amish family that lives not too far away and they have lots of chickens they call cinnamin queens...well their chickens lay the biggest eggs I have ever seen on a consistant basis. I got 3 dozen from them
    and came straight home and put them in the bator.

I see lots of big eggs but their chickens lay gigantic eggs on a daily basis - huge beautiful brown eggs! So I figured what the heck I will give it a try. I gave them 1.50 for each dozen of eggs and they let me go out and pick that mornings eggs myself. I actually got 42 eggs (I have a Genisis) So I filled the bator up and we shall see what we have in a couple of days!

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Candle on day 7 and 14 only.

Hey petpaw whats a cinnamin queen look like. Are they sexlink ?

8. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I will take a photo of an older one I got last summer and post it.

They sell them at Cackle hatchery and they have a photo...they are a sex link between the Silver Laced Wyandotte crossed with New Hampshire Red but they look more like a new hamshire red here is what the hatchery says about them

The Cinnamon Queens are one of three Modern Day Brown egg laying strains from hybrid breeding that produce fast body development and fast egg production. These strains will start to lay eggs at a younger age than most standard breeds and produce big brown eggs.

I dont know if it is normal egg laying but the ones the amish family have lay the largest eggs I have seen.....I mean you get big eggs (double yokes) every now and then from chickens but these are super large eggs on a daily basis. I am not sure if is standard for this sex link but all I know is the ones that the amish have lay HUGE eggs every day. They have been breeding these chickens and kept this stock for almost ten years --and told me they eat the ones that lay the smaller eggs or for us normal people the ones that lay large eggs (which they call small)The ones that lay the normal large eggs go to the dinner table and they only keep the girls that lay XXlarge eggs. I was told when they first started out the eggs were not that big but after 10 years of keeping the largest egg layers they have developed their own little strain and I got some of the eggs. You would think they were turkey eggs! They look funny next to my RIR eggs! The RIR eggs look like little young pullet eggs!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  9. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    We have 6 of the 18 Araucanas eggs we started with still going and scheduled for the 21st. USPS did a fine job on this batch.

With the araucana challenge, I am hoping for 3 or 4 chicks.

10. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I have 14 eggs in the incubator and 7 under a broody, all due to hatch around the 20th. They went into the bator/under the hen on Halloween morning. So far I see movement in all of them.

My first hatch was a total flop though, only 1 chick hatched and survived (now 1 month old) so I am trying not to get my hopes up with this one.

Eggs: EE, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Java, Buff Orp, RIR, Cuckoo Marans mix and a couple unknowns in light tan eggs. A few of these breeds I don't have yet, so would be cool if they would hatch! Most came from BYC members, the EE eggs were bought at an auction and thrown in to see if they were fertile and they were, yay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by