Anyone hatching on 20/21st August?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by busylizzie, Aug 5, 2009.

1. busylizzie

busylizzie Songster

Aug 4, 2009
    My first ever attempt at hatching.....i have 6 fertile (candled today) eggs under a broody hen and 3 fertile eggs in my new incubator.

Anyone else want to share the ride.....i am so excited.

[​IMG]

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    14 eggs the 11th,30 the 14th,7 the 21st,and 25 on the 25th. its so much fun, i cant wait.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. busylizzie

busylizzie Songster

Aug 4, 2009
    Cool Bigdawg.....it is so exciting! Have candled the batch due on the 21st yet? What are you hatching? Mine are a mixed bag! not sure what will come out....as long it is of the feathered variety we will be ok! [​IMG]

4. cat

cat Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    I have some due 14th and the rest due 20th/21st. This is my first attempt at hatching also.

Unfortunately today one of my hens either stood on or pecked one of the eggs, a maran egg. I am so sad as I only had 4 maran eggs [​IMG]

(the others are 6 lavender Araucana and 6 gold lace polish frizzle) I am so nervous and excited at the same time, its ridiculous!

5. natchlaly

natchlaly Songster

Jul 2, 2007
    east yorkshire UK
    I have 6 RIR x L/S and 6 B Maran x L/S due to hatch on 14/15th have had massive temp spike though so having to keep my fingers crossed and in other incubator 7 RIR x L/S 9 araucanas and 10 pure breed bantams, although not sure which breeds, only went to look at the birds to decide which breeds i wanted and came home whth 19 eggs that had been collected the previous day so had not been marked with breed lol due 24/25th. the waiting is driving me crazy [​IMG]

6. HBuehler

HBuehler Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I have Jersey Giants due the 17th
    Silver Leghorns,Buttercups,a few EE's and one little RIR on the 21st
    then the 26th EE's and Golden Lakenvelders
    Those filled Bator #1 so Bator #2 is warming now.
    Getting ready to set Buff Rocks, Frizzles and a few more EE's this week.Still have some room in that bator as of right now so who knows!
    Anyone need some chicks?
    My JG's suffered thru a major cool down then heat spike but 7 candled well in spite of it all so I'm hoping.

7. busylizzie

busylizzie Songster

Aug 4, 2009
    Cat - sorry about the pecked egg - hope the others do ok

Natchlaly & hbeuhler - sounds like you are experienced hachters.....I don't know what all those abbreviations mean [​IMG]

I would like to breed some silkies and frizzles one day but at the moment i have a farmyard bunch of mixed breeds - no pure breeds - but i bet they will be cute all the same! [​IMG]

8. natchlaly

natchlaly Songster

Jul 2, 2007
    east yorkshire UK
    L/S = light sussex
    RIR = rhode island red
    EE = easter eggers
    B = black [​IMG]

9. kassy68

kassy68 Songster

May 10, 2009
    Vassar , Michigan
    My Coop
    I've got 10 fertile / growing lav orp eggs growing in my hovabator.. 3rd hatch for me.. first two were successful. I started this hatch with 16 eggs, looks like 2 are blood ring eggs, 1 I tossed already (clear) and 3 others look like duds.. so I'm left with 10.. fingers crossed no more die on the way to day 21...
    OH> mine should hatch on the 19th of August...

10. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Crowing

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    I have some Dutch Bantams due right around that date.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: