Anyone hatching on July 7th! Please join me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlittle32, Jun 21, 2009.

1. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I just hatched 4 BLRW yesterday....exciting...now I need more hatching buddies....The other eggs are due to hatch July 7th. My eggs consist of standard and bantam cochins, houdans, BR, Orps, RIR, turkeys....few more...So, if your due date is the 7th or anytime arond there...join in the fun!!!

2. lemkoboxer

lemkoboxer In the Brooder

Jun 6, 2009
    MA
    I have eggs due July 5th!!!!!!! This will be my second ever attempt at hatching, and I've got 49 eggs in the bator [​IMG]
    When I came home with all the eggs and had them all out on the counter to mark them my bf was like holy crap, that's a lot of eggs [​IMG] We only had 9 the first time.

I've got RIR, Mixed Wyandottes, Marans, Ameraucauna, Cochin Bantam, Polish, and Silkie eggs in there...

Can't wait to see what we get.

3. Call_me _crazy

Call_me _crazy In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    Powhatan
    I hopfully will be hatching July 1st. Candled 21 eggs today and 5 were not fertile so I tossed them! I have 11 mixed batums and 5 silikies!!! I am so nervous I so want it to go smoothly!! Good luck with your hatches! [​IMG]:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I have to wait a couple more days to candle the eggs...Hopefully I get a good turn out. When I received the shipped eggs, 2 were broken....so that makes me worry a little bit!! [​IMG]

5. kartking22

kartking22 Songster

Jan 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I have pheasants hatching on the 7th. I normally stick around during the hatch but I not knowing booked a salmon fishing trip the same day. I figure that the chicks will do alright in the hatcher until I get back home. [​IMG] I'll only be gone for half the day.[​IMG]

6. theswede

theswede Songster

May 7, 2009
    Woodbury, TN
    I do in fact have the same hatch date, I have 64 in the bator now. Mine are all buff orpingtons, I just hatched out some bout a week ago, and have 3 sitting and one with 10 newbies today.

7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Thats alot of buffs!!! LOL

Do you candle them or just wait to see if they hatch?

8. theswede

theswede Songster

May 7, 2009
    Woodbury, TN
    Quote:Nah! I just wait like an expecting Daddy!![​IMG] I am wanting to get into some other pure breeds, I'm in the process of getting setup and getting some. But my Buffs are still my favorite. [​IMG]

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    How big do yours get? I have 2 and I thought they'd get bigger than they are. Like height...etc..

10. countrybound

countrybound In the Brooder

May 18, 2009
    I have 35 coturnix quail due on the 7th [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: