Anyone hatching this weekend?

the lawsons

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 25, 2011
NE Tennessee
Lock down on Thursday. Should be hatching Sunday and Monday. Any one else? This is my second time with chicken eggs. First time got 8 of 18. Have 17 in this time hope for good results again!

i'm the same as you (lockdown thursday evening, hatching sunday/monday). i've got 4 shipped EE eggs left and i THINK still doing good (out of 15). i have 3 shipped silkie eggs left (out of 16). i have 9 local bantam eggs that are doing great! (i set 9 and i still have 9 of those). and i have 5 local olive eggs and mixed FBCM eggs. (set 6 and still have 5). so anyway, time is drawing near! these tiny bantam eggs are so cute that i have!!! they are even smaller than my silkie eggs! i asked the guy i got them from what kind of bantams, he doesn't know, lol. but oh well. he said i could keep them, but i think i might give them back to him for keeping cuz i'm afraid they will fly over my 6ft fence. that's why i've never had bantams, i'm too afraid of that. any thoughts? well, i have had silkies, but they can't fly, lol. good luck on your hatch!

I have sixty Easter Eggers that I expect to hatch starting this Thursday through Sunday (I hope). I set them for the hatching display I'm putting on at my county fair this weekend. Normally I try to have it all over and done in forty eight hours, but the fair runs about four days so I set the eggs in four phases twelve hours apart to spread them out a little.

I'm getting anxious. Been gone all day but have looked a few times this evening. Should be seeing some movement soon i hope. Quail eggs were a bust again. This was my third try with them. About ready to get rid of them and stick with chickens! Good luck everybody. I will definitely check back tomorrow for updates!

I locked down on Friday and had my first chick ever this morning. It would have been a total surprise if I hadn't heard them while I ironed last night. I'm so thrilled. We have 4 more peeping.

Back
Top Bottom