anyone have a buck-shy doe?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kinnip, Dec 7, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I've been trying to breed my LaManchas. I know she's in heat. Her vulva is swollen and there's discharge. She's wagging her tail and just pee-ed on his face, but she won't let him catch her. I tried tying her, but I'm scared she'll hurt herself. It seems to be going a little better since I stepped inside. I'd like to do some work out in the yard, but every time I go out there she runs and hides behind me. Wedged between two sexed up goats is not fun.

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    You should really just leave them alone. She just isn't in standing heat yet...this is flirt mode!

3. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    It's so frustrating. I have another buck I'm pretty sure is gay.

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG]

Yeah, all of mine are! Bwahahaha!

5. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Yeah, the things they do to each other, and themselves, are pretty shocking. [​IMG] The one I think is gay just doesn't get as excited over the ladies. He is very interested in the LaMancha buck. I'm hoping it's a phase. [​IMG]

6. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I bet she wants the buck you think is gay...lol...mine get really picky and if I dont want them bred to that buck I hold her by the fence where he can romance her and bring the other buck behind her to breed her, I have 1 that will stand with her hinney to the wall if its not who she wants...Good lcuk and I bet she will be ready soon like this evening...or this morning.

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    If she's in standing heat, she will no be buck-shy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by