Anyone have a Canon Rebel XSI?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BeardedChick, Dec 21, 2008.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Tell me about them, I am wanting one and just need an excuse to buy... [​IMG]

On my Amazon card, it would be $70 a month for a year to pay for it, with no interest. I am kind of considering it b/c I'm not carrying any other debt right now.

And I'm a tool junkie, which is always good to confess to up front. [​IMG] Cameras and other shiny tools fascinate me.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have the Canon Rebel xTi and I LOVE IT!!! I paid $600 for it on sale when the retail price is $999. If I could get it away from my fiance I would take alot more pictures!!!

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've heard fantastic things about them. I only have the Powershot S5 IS, but I love it. It takes wonderful pictures [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have the power shot also and love it.

The Rebel is just a bit too pricey for my blood... maybe I ought to run out to Fry's electronics and see what I could get it for... Christmas is just a few days away...

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I have a rebel, and honestly its so big and a pain in the ... ummm ARM to carry around, I bought a smaller one a few months ago - Sanyo something or other, fits in my pocket and is so easy to take around with me, I hardly use the rebel anymore.

6. BeardedChick

Mahonri, I thought dentists were rolling in money? Not so much?

Wildsky, I am wondering if I'll *really* want to pack around a bigger camera or not. I still have a Lowe camera fanny pack from my SLR days.

I figured out that I have enough money in my secret fun stash to pay for it up front.

Guess I better wait to decide. It's mildly depressing to have everything paid off and not want anything else.

7. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    I have a Canon Rebel, not sure exactly which model. I love it. It's very compact compared to other cameras I've had, but then I learned in prehistoric times on a Nikon F which is very heavy.

My DH bought me my Rebel last spring because he wanted his camera back. We were at the camera store one day for something else and we left with a new Rebel. Now I need to take him there again because I need some new lenses.

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    On the size issue, I too will agree, lugging it around isn't always fun. I miss alot of shots now, when the boys are outside playing. I plan to buy a Nikon Coolpix for my back pocket after the holidays. Just something for snapshots of the boys outside. When I want overly nice pictures, I'll use my Powershot. I only lug it out for special occasions LOL!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love mine because I consider myself an amateur photographer and you can change lens, use the manual settings, etc....

10. BeardedChick

I miss alot of shots now, when the boys are outside playing.

I miss a lot of shots because my Kodak point and shoot is pretty slow processing the digital shots - any my poodle moves very, very fast! Even with the chickens, it's hard to capture any action because by the time my camera takes the shot, the chicken is doing something else.

Hmm, see now I'm talking myself back into it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by