Anyone Have a Clue on These Babies?

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
I picked them up on Aug 1st. I think the white one was already 5 or so days old, the black one a few days behind and the little brown one was a day old.

This is them about a week later:

941_becky_or_no_001.jpg

I have my suspicions about the white one.(please don't be a roo, please don't be a roo) and I think the little brown one is an EE and I'm guessing the black one is............I don't know! I hope they are hens! Here they are a few days ago.....Look at the white one - it looks like a full grown chicken but small! What is he/she? She was supposed to be an offspring from my white plymouth rock roo that I couldn't keep. But this one is growing differently.....What do you think?

A couple of weeks ago....

941_becky_or_no_004.jpg

941_becky_or_no_005.jpg

And today:

941_becky_or_no_011.jpg

941_becky_or_no_010.jpg

Well I thought so! Dang it. That's the one that been chest bumping the black one.....and ruffling up "her" neck feathers when doing it. Oh well, I grow nice white roosters.
smile.png

Drat! Coyote - I've been trying to get a white hen and it's not working! Good thing the guy I got them from is close by and is willing to take any of them back if they end up roos. This will be my third time.

Stop looking at his drumsticks!
lol.png
barnie.gif

Uh oh. There's a cockle doodle doo in there......... time for a trade-in! Those those ARE some mighty fine lookin' drumsticks on ole Foghorn!

*ranchie hauls butt before Luna can whack her*

Last edited:
Quote:
I ordered 2 BA females that are now 3 weeks old and they look very similar. They are slower than many of the other breeds that we got to feather out. Of course this is my first batch of chicks so I am VERY new and hate to disagree with the pro's on this forum but I did notice that on our BA's. Oh yeah, my EE have blue/green legs.??

Back
Top Bottom