Anyone have a Glade scented oil fan?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brooster, Jan 9, 2008.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I was thinking about putting one of those glade scented oil fans in the bator without the scent in place of a turbo fan. It costs like $6 or $7. Has anyone used one of these in thier homes? How strong was the fan, do you think it would work? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, interesting idea. Im not sure since I've never seen how fast they spin. Good thinking, though!

3. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I just saw the commerical and thought huh. Lightbulb! [​IMG] hope it would work, all you need is an extension cord and a plug-in, much cheaper than fans made for that pourpose.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I don't know how much air those would move, would have to be better than still air though.

You can also pick up a cheap computer fan, they work great.

5. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    You cant tell me that not one out of 91 people on right now have one of these.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I have a feeling that it won't move too much air as the size of that fan is small and to move enough air, would be noisy, thus probably not too fast. All fans in forced air bators I know of all have a good hum to them. Doubt the glade plug in would do well if it gave off a good hum.

7. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I have a Glade scented oil fan. Not really very strong, but it is quiet. Don't know if that is good or bad. [​IMG] I would think that it would be better than nothing. My fan only comes on for a very short time after you push a little button on the top, doesn't run all the time. Don't know if they all work like that or just the type I have. The "heater" that warms the oil is on all the time so you would have to take that it to consideration. I guess the more mechanically inclined could take it apart and just use the fan. Again, [​IMG] Humm, I'm not really very much help, am I? [​IMG]

8. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Did you know glade air fresheners are documented bird killers. Parrot community avoids them like the plague.

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Did you know glade air fresheners are documented bird killers. Parrot community avoids them like the plague.

I was thinking about putting one of those glade scented oil fans in the bator without the scent in place of a turbo fan.

[​IMG]

10. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Thats what I get for skimming posts while having dinner.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by