Anyone have a good deer meat stew recipe :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cackling Hen, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    I want to make a stew in the crock pot Does anyone have a good recipe for me? [​IMG] I am useing deer meat

2. For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Washington State
    I always use the same recipe that I use for beef, so not really any help here. I <3 venison! I wish we had some this year.

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    slice up onions, garlic, potatoes, celery and carrots add 2 cans of beer. Add two cans of diced tomatoes and done with that for now

Slightly brown the garlic onions and venison chunks in olive oil in a HOT skillet, then add to the pot, fill the rest with water and let her cook.

season to taste.

4. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

yes beef recipies are the same for deer. I have a special cookbook I bought at bass pro shop, but overall the recipies are the same. I like the ones without a lot of coverup spices and such so you an actually taste the deer. And also contrary to what some people say you don't have to age it or anything. I take mine straight from the deer to the skillet, crock pot, oven, fire, etc [​IMG] I think it gives it a better flavor. In my opinion when it's aged and marinated and such it just tastes like plain old beef [​IMG] I just made a killer chili yesterday with deer (cubed small) onions, green peppers, garlic, tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, kidney beans and corn. If you would like to know how email me and I will send you the recipie

5. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Oh yummy Thank you all Im off to go cook

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by