Anyone have a Good Outcome for a sick Cat?! UPDATE, PIC

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hollymh, Jun 15, 2011.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    My Goob has been acting lethargic and just not himself, he has a vet appt in an hour, but I'm worried, I will be devestated if something happens to my cat! Anyone have a good outcome with their sick cat? He has been lethargic, has lack of appetite and just isnt himself. He is a indoor cat so I have no idea how he could have become sick [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You have my prayers while you are at the vet. Please let us know what they say.

3. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    How old is he ? Fixed or not ? Vaccinated or not ? Exposed to other cats ? Felv Leuk tested ?
    Cats get into everything. Is there any possibility he ate something he shouldn't have ?
    Let us know how his vet appt went, hope he is ok , and it is nothing serious [​IMG]

4. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Just got back from the vet, left Goob there, he had a fever and they are doing all kinds of testing... So I wait... And wait... They said it would be about an hour or more so it's about time for them to call me and let me know, hopefully the prognosis is good!

gertiie- He is fixed, fully vaxed, inside only, never exsposed to others cats besides his sister... It's possible he ate something he isnt supposed to but b/c I have a small baby he would have to found it above the fridge or somewhere the baby doesn't have access b/c we are childproof'ed everywhere. I think he may have gotten an infection from when they put in his microchip last week, only thing I can think of, unless he picked up something at the vet, which is unlikely since he wasnt on the floor and never came in contact with other kitties. I'm clueless.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Has he been around any other cats lately?

6. Thegrayeyedgirl

Thegrayeyedgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    I've prayed for you kitty cat, I hope all turns out well [​IMG]

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

How old is he?

Hope he is ok. I've got them at 18, 14, [email protected] and 6 months. They are like your kids

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    He's only 2, got a call a bit ago, he has high bilirubin and he is dehydrated but they got neg. results on his Fiv/Felv and his bloodwork came back with no signs of infections and also neg. for parasites. They gave him a shot of steroids and broad spectrum anti-biotics, I'm about to go pick him up; apprently his temp has gone down already and he is feeling somewhat better [​IMG] Doc has no idea what happened or what it was... So weird, that have NO access to other animals, only us humans so there's nothing that points to a clear culprit.

9. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:Is he overweight at all? Have you noticed a decrease in appetite lately?

10. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Is he overweight at all? Have you noticed a decrease in appetite lately?

Overweight and decreased appetite are scary ... often is liver disease. My Hobbes passed away from liver disease even with forced feeding and appetite stimulating meds [​IMG]

I hope that's not what your kitty has!!! Hope he will be okay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by