Anyone have a guess to breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Leesa Blank, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Leesa Blank

Leesa Blank Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Hi everyone! I kind of got a mixed batch when getting my chicks. I know I have 2 white leg horns, 1 "production red" but I have no idea about the others. Anyone have any guesses? The small yellow on the left side, in the middle has quite a bit more brown on her already. They were purchased at my small town hardware store so I'm assuming they're all meant to be good layers and cold hardy. (Better photos in comments, I can't figure out how to get them into the original post) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Can you get a clear shot of the dark chick from the side showing it's face? What can be seen from above looks like the facial markings of a laced chick (ie laced Wyandotte) but as not a lot can be seen that is not definitive.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    If you do take more photos note that the first photo, without distortion from heat lamp coloration, is the most beneficial for seeing the chicks clearly and assessing characteristics for breed ID.

4. Leesa Blank

Leesa Blank Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Ok thanks! I'll take some better photos when I get home. I moved them into my basement with a reptile heat lamp that puts off no light so that will be better too. I'll hold them and have my husband take better pictures thanks for your help!

5. Leesa Blank

Leesa Blank Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Here are some better photos of the 2 I am trying to identify! Thanks again! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by