Anyone have a hencondo?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by spacetygrss, Sep 2, 2009.

1. spacetygrss

spacetygrss Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I'm still researching chickens and coops. I came across this Hencondo which looks perfect for me (well, actually 2 or 3 chickens! [​IMG]). http://www.henspa.focuspage.com/hencondo.htm
    There are no rules in my neighborhood or city about chickens. However, I am renting a house right now until I move next year (in the same area, just to my own home). The neighborhood kids love to run across my yard catching balls, playing tag, etc. I like the stealthiness of this coop. It would allow me to house a couple of chickens, but not attract much attention from the kiddos (it'll fit in my small enclosed garden area at night).

Any reviews?

2. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    It looks so small! I can't imagine two or three chickens being able to live happily in such a small space. If one chicken gets picked on by the others, she has no place to run or hide.

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I think it looks like a great idea. And since you can move it to a new area each day, they'll have fresh grass underfoot all the time. It might be better for bantams?

4. spacetygrss

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Does anyone know the dimensions? I can't seem to find them on the website.

5. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
  6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think that it would be fine for very small bantam chickens. I'm not sure about keeping large fowl in there.

7. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    What I prefer is nice looking houses personally. It does look like a nice inconspicuous coop though. Not really big enough for much of a flock. If you want two chickens, that would be pretty nice!

8. spacetygrss

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Quote:Thanks!

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I think that is too small for even 2-3 chickens.

10. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    What if you were to do 3 bantam ee's or another breed that lays dependably but that also comes in bantam size? How many eggs do you usually go through a week?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by