1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have a Knifty Knitter?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Daycare Mom, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I saw one of these today and am thinking about getting one. I love to crochet, but this looked fun. Something different to do through the winter.
    Anyway, just wondered what anyone thought of them. Thanks for your thoughts! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I want one. At our feed store they are selling some of the items the owner made on one and they are COOL. Where do you buy them?

3. Daycare Mom

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I saw them at Michaels today. I only had one 40% off coupon so I passed it up. I think you can get them at JoAnns, maybe Walmart, but I never looked there.

4. debilorrah

I'm all over that. I gotta go to Michael's this weekend. I am so glad you reminded me that I wanted one.

5. Daycare Mom

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I talked to a lady at the store today, she said she can make a hat on one in an hour and a half. This year she has made just over 700 to give to needy school kids! What a sweet lady!

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My sisters all have several! They make all sorts of hats with the circle ones and even have the straight one to make scarves with. One of my sisters makes baby hats for the newborns to go home from the hospital in. They are quite nifty gadgets for sure! Maybe when my life slows down a bit, I might buy one. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

That is sweet. I wish I had that kind of TIME! I want to start with the scarves to get the hang of it first.

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I have the set of round ones. Mostly for the kids to use, I've used it a few times - made like a cowl neck thingie a little while ago.

Its pretty easy to do, there are bunches of stitches you can learn on line - I looked but am too busy with other stuff.
    [​IMG]

9. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    My walmart had them on clearance a few weeks back for $7.99. I got one, and the set ofround ones for hats. I haven't had time to try either yet though my husband made a hat. Looks pretty easy (my husband has never knit anything) so I can't wait to try them out.

10. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    What's a knifty knitter? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by