Anyone have a Privett price list they can scan?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Vnctan, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Vnctan

Vnctan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    I'd like to compare prices on some chicks and ducks but I've asked Privett for a price list twice and still haven't gotten anything. Does anyone have a price list that they could scan and post for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. jenn-E

jenn-E Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    I read somewhere that Welp Hatchery uses them to drop-ship so they have pretty much the same stock:

http://www.welphatchery.com/index.asp

Most of the feedstores around here use Privett (since I live in New Mexico). I was able to special order Speckled Sussex & Welsummers through my feedstore from them. There was a quite a variety of other birds for different people in the special order (sorry, I don't recall all of the kinds). I also read that if you are ordering directly from the hatchery, you may get better customer service ordering from Welp & assuming it will be drop-shipped from Privett if you live in the Western US.

I was also happy with the service from Ideal (in Texas).
    http://www.ideal-poultry.com/
    Even if their website says they are sold out, it's worth calling or emailing to check. They may still have a few extra eggs hatching from that particular breed.

3. Vnctan

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    I am wanting a price list because although the chicks may be the same thru Welp the prices are different. I don't want to pay more for the same chicks.

4. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Quote:I'm glad to see someone else had that problem! I requested twice via email and then physically called them. The woman who took my information had to have everything repeated 3 times. After she had all of my mailing info. and we hung up, she called me back and asked for my mailing address again. Are you kidding? Whatsup with that? [​IMG]

I can send it if you don't have it yet. [​IMG]

5. Vnctan

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    That would be great. Apparently no one else has one or will take the 2 minutes to scan it.

6. Alaska animal lover

Alaska animal lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Palmer, Alaska
    Quote:Welps prices include shipping, be sure to factor that into your cost from Privett.

7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I dont think I have mine anymore, I threw it away becuase I will not be buying from Privett anymore because as you saw with the price list requests, they have TERRIBLE customer service, and the people who work there are kinda snotty on the phone . I asked for a price list on the phone and never got it, never answered any of my emails, they cant keep their website up with prices on there, and the only reason I bought from them in the first place was becuase they were like the one of very few hatcheries that had Buff Rocks and I asked if they would be avaiable, and then a few months later, the guy calls and says they are sold out of Buff Rocks. And several people have had the same experience with their customer service, or lack of I quess I should say. There birds are OK i guess though. And if I remember correctly, I dont think they sent any extras in my order.

8. captainmom

captainmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Centralia IL
    I did call Privett and get a price list from them. Sorry, I have no way to scan it(hard to believe, right!!!) but I can tell you that by looking at Welps web site that Privett is cheaper. I also had to call twice and finally asked for someone in charge and this person(female) spoke more clearly and did get my pricelist to me. I also want to put my 2 cents worth in here about hatcheries. I have been ordering all year, "spreading the love" so to speak, and have found that Cackle in MO has really nice healthy birds when I get them(of course it only takes 36 hours, they are sent one day and I pick up at my post office at 10pm the next), they always send extras, and have great customer service USUALLY. Had an issue with a refund but then noticed they were having a big health issue with another customer so I figure that is why it took so long. Ideal in Texas is who I used to order from years ago. I like that you can call them and if they have bigger than planned hatch you can "deal" with them. I have gotten some pretty good bargains from them in the past. That said, this year I recieved some of the worst birds ever from them. Ordered 125 chicks, 50 crested, 50 rare breed, 25 bantams, with the GroGel or what ever they call it, and they were in the worst shape when they got to me, and the Gel only helped them survive long enough that I could not get a refund. The chicks this year have been like that from them every other order. One order good and healthy, big and pretty. The next one a few weeks later puny and weak. I ordered from Privett a month ago because they have a great bantam special now, shipping included in their price, and did not even know what breeds they carry since I had yet to ask for a price list. I ordered 50, recieved 60, and did no loose a ONE!!!!! And a great variety to boot. I know others have had a poor experiance with them, but I will for sure order again from them next year if the need arrises. If I knew what you were looking for I could look on my price list and help you out. Hope I was of some help.

9. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps! It took a lot of patience to get it scanned, etc. Good luck!

10. Vnctan

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    For some reason I can't see these pics. Could you e-mail them to Vnctan@aol.com?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by