Anyone have a super good breakfast sausage recipe?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 19, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have some plain ground pork I want to turn into breakfast sausage. I like mine with a ton of sage and a hint of red pepper bite. If anyone has a tried an true, wonderful tasting recipe they wouldn't mind sharing I would LOVE to hear it!!! Thanks!!! [​IMG]

2. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    I usually add a little onion powder, black pepper, garlic salt, sage and crushed red pepper with a little seasoning salt. I cannot say exactly how much of each because I cook by smell and color. but it always turns out wonderful.

Oh yeah, I usually use ground turkey, but it should be fine for pork as well

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
  4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] I can probably get the amounts pretty well right....cooking by smell and color is how I do it too. Generally I can eat almost anything and come close to duplicating the recipe I just couldn't seem to figure out what all this would need. Probably because I really try hard to avoid eating store bought meat (which includes most sausage of course) so I don't eat it very much.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Hmmmmm that sounds good too. [​IMG] When you used it, did you actually add the brown sugar? That sounds like a very interesting touch (and I LOVE brown sugar). [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes I did and it gave a sweet flavor along with the sage! Yummy!

I've tried it with PURE maple syrup and it was good too! However it kinda like to stick on the cast iron skillet so you will have to use a bit more oil into the pan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by