Anyone have a WARE Premium Chick-N-Pen?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by koakritters, Oct 9, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    http://www.petco.com/product/112391/WARE-Premium--Chick-N-Pen-Chicken-Run.aspx

My
    feed store has these for way cheaper, thinking of getting one to use as their main play area/living quarters for the winter, what do you think? I need it for a RIR, banty cochin, and 2-3 silkies-babies now. I really don't have time to build one, and their coop is literally falling over, being held up by a rope tied to the fence! (it's REALLY old...) I plan on putting sides on it and making part of it into a hutch for shelter until I can find time next spring to build them a good one.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    you might be able to build it quicker than you think...

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I think its ok for a little daytime run... I am in MI so maybe I am not the best answer giver on this, but I wouldn't want my coop on the ground like that in the winter. But I also have a lot of snow at time in the yard. I think If you don't have snow issues, it might be ok, but also a little more temping for the predators to get in and out?

4. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    mahonri- 2 jobs and college classes full time, so unless you know of a way to add hours to the day??? LOL. I'm lucky if i get home before it's dark out most of the time.

No snow here, no 'weather' really, we whine and complain at 1/2 inch of rain! and there's no real predators around here, middle of town. worst that comes through is a hawk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by