Anyone have an insomniac hen??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LuvMyPeeps7, Sep 16, 2010.

1. LuvMyPeeps7

LuvMyPeeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Lexington
    My RIW doesn't sleep that often. I was up this morning at 3am and noticed that she was up and climing all over the others trying to sleep. My neighbor also said the same thing, that he's sees her up at all hours. Is this normal?

2. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    My Rocks all sleep like rocks (sorry) I even have to wake the roosters so they can crow. They do get alot of freedom during the day so maybe they are really tired at night. [​IMG]

3. LuvMyPeeps7

LuvMyPeeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Lexington
    Ours do to they free range all afternoon.....I guess shes just got issues lol! [​IMG]

4. Kharmel

Kharmel Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    I have the opposite problem. A late sleeper. I go to let them out in the morning and everyone is anxious to be let out so they can free range except for one of the RIR's. She's always still sleeping and catches up with the others later when she decides to "get out of bed" [​IMG]

5. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    my chickens are all on slightly different schedules. I have one that is up in the roost by 5 p.m. and another one that would stay out til dark if we let her. She seems to grudgingly go into the coop at night. we are afraid of predators, so want them locked up at dusk. Also, I'm usually up before the chickens. . . especially on rainy days they like to snooze in. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by