Anyone have any Barnevelder/Welsummer pullets or pairs?NorCalif area.

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kararae_, May 5, 2009.

1. kararae_

kararae_ Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Gold Country Foothills
    Thank you all who posted replies and offered suggestions:) Everything is greatly appreciated and I will take all advice. I have found some nice Welsummers and Marans, I can start with these and see how it works out for us and them.
    Blessings, Kara

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Not too many of us would have a pair or pullet to spare at this time. One might have alot of roos they can sell to you.

I dont know if there is a breeder near you as far as the Welsummer Club of North America would have it. Closest one I can see are breeders in WA, and ID but no guarantee if they have what you are looking for.

You can join the Welsummer Club for more information. See link under the Breeds section.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi,

I'm the one in WA. Too far to drive I know. Otherwise I could probably help you. Although there is one possibility. CougarJaguar is going down I-5 from WA to Mexico and has offered to drop birds off for anyone needing that.

I'm not sure what her timing or yours is, but it's a possibility.

One other thing I thought I'd mention. I strongly encourage you to NOT buy from a hatchery. You will most likely be sorely disappointed if you do. Do a search on here for "Welsummers" or "Hatchery" and me as the Author and you'll see why.

God Bless,

4. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    I'm in Washington as well, but again this is too far. Sorry I can't help out. I will have some fertile hatching eggs for sale if you are interested in those.
    Darn it and I have 4 sets of breeding trios that I will be ready to go June 6th too. Bummer!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sometimes it would help if you can ship to her if possible. It could not be that much cheaper than gas. I find that shipping is better $$$$$ than driving!

And be mindful of the weather factors too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by