Anyone have any cute Halloween/Fall Crafts,pics.,for kids/or mom,lol..

springviews

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 13, 2008
I am looking for some ole time Halloween crafty idea,s for the kids to paint and carve,if anyone has some pics can you send them to me at [email protected],sure would be grateful,and thank you...

There is a magazine I have seen in the pediatricians office - I think it is called something like Family Fun magazine??? I am always delighted by the ideas I see that in that publication. Maybe you can find it for ideas.

Yes! Go to www.familyfun.com and look under their arts + crafts section. You'll find TONS of great ideas for crafts and costumes too!
smile.png

Also using paper plates and string, make eye holes and a mouth hole, have them color, paste or stamp a halloween mask. If they are young, they can use smaller plates to make a mask for Teddy or their doll.
Also placemats to color, word circles, crosswords that you can make up yourself, then print of a bunch. These things I used to do at the old age home. Sometimes there is nothing better then sitting down, talking, coloring or group word search and the laughs of how competitive our elders can be.

Good luck to you...also, decopage colored tissue paper on Jars that you will be tossing out, fill 1/2 (or less) with sand and put a candle in it to use on your door step or where every you want to show it off. Have them burning near where your friends and family will walk to get candy. Just make sure they are not able to be tipped or clothing can catch fire if they brush past them. (you can get glo sticks for them too)

Keep us posted with what you have done with your crew! Take pics, I'd love to see what everyone comes up with!

Quote:
Ooooo! I'm going to do this! It would be great for Christmas luminaries also! Thanks for that great idea.
smile.png

How old are the children that will be doing these crafts?
I used to be a nanny for 2 girls, ages 3 and 6. Here's one we did:

Coat Hanger Cat
Using a wire coat hanger, stretcth it out into a diamond shape. Cover it with a black nylon and tie off at the top, leaving the hook part of the hanger exposed so you can hang it later. Use construction paper and other materials like glitter glue, wiggle eyes and pipe cleaners to make eyes, ears, mouth and wiskers.

You can do the same project using a tan nylon to make a witch.

Quote:
Ooooo! I'm going to do this! It would be great for Christmas luminaries also! Thanks for that great idea.
smile.png

They make battery operated 'candles' now that are even safer for this sort of thing.

Thanks guys, its true, battery candles would be perfect.
In 4-H we would elmers glue a glass and sprinkle glitter over the glue and let dry. Then place a candle in it or potpurri that we had made from Balsam, flowers and Stuff...you can buy potpurri cheaper now then you could make it!
Also using elmers glue to glue pictures on a glass container (a fish bowl) sprinkle a small amount of glitter (kids love glitter) and then on one side with no pics, build a terrarium. Great for grandma, aunts and heck uncles with match box hummer or jeep on the sand! lol.
Go to flea markets and tag sales of jars, jugs and old fish bowls.
We here in Maine will go out and pick a plant that is called Partridge berries- they are green leaves with red berries. They will keep in a terrarium for the winter. Place sand (2 " deep depending on container) put a nice thick moss over that, and plant the plants. Find a nice looking rock, peice of wood to add to it and if you have a little plastic animal, chicken, duck, deer, dog put it in there with the stuff, add a bit of water and cover with plastic and use a ribbon to tie the plastic on and use it as a center peice.

For jack-o-lanterns I stopped wasting real pumpkins and save those for baking.

I buy a new fun-kin every year. I use one of the 4 watt christmas light with the plug and simply plug it in and set the pumpkin arrangement on my porch tables.

Back
Top Bottom