Anyone have any extra hatching eggs they dont need?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Just wondering if anyone had any medium/large chicken eggs for hatching they didnt want........lol, i know beggars cant be choosers, but i really need to hone my incubating skills, seeing as how the last batch didnt go over well. Also, i dont have the facilites for any small chickens/bantams/game, as my whole flock are Medium/large/Xtralarge. [​IMG]

Anyhow, im well equiped for the next go-around; i have a hydometer, and the kinks have been worked out of my incubator.

Ill pay for the shipping as well, unless anyone has any around morgantown or bowling green....*highly unlikely* [​IMG]

2. Hi!
    Would you like to *test* some eggs for me ?
    The chicks from these eggs should be blue / splash / black cuckoo-marked and lay blue/green eggs
    I've set all I need to from these and would love someone *else* to hatch some (while they are fertile from this cross).
    If you'll send me your zip, I'll check shipping.

Thanks,
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

ps: it's not testing fertility (the eggs have all been fertile so far), just hatching more of them out to see if they hatch the color I expect --- I predict more cuckoo-birds (but I don't know).

[​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. saranbensmom

saranbensmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    There's also a listing for 48-60 hatching eggs on ebay....mixed free range, but going cheap so far.

4. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Thanks for the info, but i dont need that many eggs [​IMG]

5. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    How far is Morgantown from Louisville?

6. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Morgantown is about 100 miles from Louisville, and depending on what path you take, it should take from around 1 hour to an 1 hour & 1/2. Morgantown is a little ways north of Bowling Green, if that helps any. [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I should be getting some mixed large breed chicken eggs tomorrow. Around 6-7.

They could be:

Light Brahma x Easter Egger
    Light Brahma x Deleware
    Salmon Faverolle x Deleware
    or Salmon Faverolle x Easter egger.

If your interested PM me and ill let you know how many I get tomorrow.

8. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Oh well, I was going to offer you some if you'd come get them [​IMG]

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Gee Dipsy, I'll test eggs for you [​IMG] They sound like beautiful chickens with beautiful eggs [​IMG]

10. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Lisa,
    If I get another broody I want to test those eggs too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Lisa and her amazing eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by