Anyone have any idea on the breeds or gender of these chickies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BlueVelociraptor, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BlueVelociraptor

BlueVelociraptor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    England
    They are four weeks old, eggs were labeled as mixed pure breeds.

Oddish, Mudkip, Shinx and Lucario.
    [​IMG]
    Here's Shinx, who is the easiest to handle,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oddish, who is mostly white with random grey feathers in the wings and tail, also has quite a few feathers on the feet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mudkip, who really dislikes being handled.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lucario, who is very friendly, (mudkip is on the left of the first photo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thank you for any help! :)

-the guinea pig run was just temporary so I could take pictures of them close together-

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. hillfarm

hillfarm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Lucario looks like a barred rock roo

Oddish is a roo?

Shinx is a pullet

and mudkip is just cool.

But those are just guesses. But I think Lucario is pretty spot on.

3. ICallMyselfCherie'

ICallMyselfCherie' Chillin' With My Peeps

I like Oddish and Lucario for roos. I can't tell you anything about the breeds though . . . they look pretty mixed up. But what pretty birds! I think the mixed ones are the prettiest sometimes. Nice pics, and neat names. I might have to steal some of those . . . [​IMG]

4. Steergirl

Steergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    Not too sure but-
    Shinx- Speckled Sussex (no experience with the breed)? and pullet
    Oddish- No idea, and roo
    Mudkip- Silver-laced Wyandotte? (again no experience with the breed), and pullet
    Lucario- Barred Rock roo

5. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Lucario is a Barred Rock, he could be a girl, his\\her pattern is that of a female and it looks like he\\she has round neck feathers indicating a pullet. Oddish might be a leghorn or a delaware, I think its a cockerel. I think that Shinx might be a speckled sussex pullet. Mudkip could be a SLW, again probably a pullet. Cute chicks [​IMG]

6. Steergirl

Steergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    Quote:Actually that is a coloring of a male. The females have more black, the females are black with white stripes and the males are white with black stripes. Someone on here has a very good example photo.

ETA: I will get a picture of my BR pullet tomorrow and you can see the difference. And are far as the feathers, they don't get the pointed shiny feathers for a while.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  7. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Lucario is a Barred Rock Roo and very handsome might I add

As for the others I am not sure.

8. BlueVelociraptor

BlueVelociraptor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    England
    thank you for all help :) I really hope Oddish isn't a male though, is everyone pretty sure? ):

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Nice pics, and neat names. I might have to steal some of those . . . [​IMG]

aha thanks, they're named after pokemon [​IMG]

9. Hoosierchickens

Hoosierchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Cloverdale, IN
    The only one that looks like a roo to me is Lucario. Looks like a barred rock. His comb and wattles give him away. I agree that Shinx looks like it might be a Speckled Sussex pullet. Oddish looks like a Cochin pullet to me but I don't have much experience with the breed. Mudkip looks like a pullet but I'm not convinced it's a Silver Laced Wyandotte. It's feathering doesn't look like mine, the legs are black, and the comb is single. SLW's can have a single comb but the standard is rose. Their legs, however, are yellow like their skin.

10. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Quote:Actually that is a coloring of a male. The females have more black, the females are black with white stripes and the males are white with black stripes. Someone on here has a very good example photo.

ETA: I will get a picture of my BR pullet tomorrow and you can see the difference. And are far as the feathers, they don't get the pointed shiny feathers for a while.

Oh, okay. I thought he looked more black than white though, but you're the one who has had experience with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by