anyone have any idea what type of chicken this is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rugbyusa, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rugbyusa

rugbyusa Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2015
    san diego
    i got it this two wyandottes and he/she was an extra that i liked when i was picking them out, the gentleman that helped me didnt know what breed it was either. im am 95% sure the other two are wyandottes but this one looks completely different then them. so this is the reason why i am asking. any thoughts? if more pics are needed i can take them. but otherwise i have no info on this particular chick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mychickjule

Mychickjule Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2015
    Looking at the legs it's not an australorp if it's a lot bigger than the others perhaps jersey giant. What is the comb type that's coming in?

3. rugbyusa

Aug 16, 2015
    san diego
    i just looked no combs to speak of. not even a bump. its pretty flat, idk if this makes a difference in the prediction. its also worth noting that they are almost 3 weeks old.

4. rugbyusa

Aug 16, 2015
    san diego
    this particular chick is also smaller than the other two. not by much but noticable.

5. Farrier

Farrier Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2014
    Seems like a rose comb to me. Possibly just an oddly marked SLW? I think I see lacing coming in on the wing and can't think of anything else that fits.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Too early another 3-5 weeks will make a big difference and any lacing that is coming in will show distinctively

7. rugbyusa

Aug 16, 2015
    san diego
    so this is an updated pic of the mystery chick. waited a month to see if there was any dramatic changes. but i was posting it to see if anyone may have an idea, now. it looks like a a SLW to me. any ideas?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'd say slw also. The off lacing is probably why it looked different as a chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by